EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Mel!!
hugs.gif
Hi to Messy
love.gif
The beepers are beautiful!!! 3 little ones and 2 of the first 6 are with the big birds now and doing well
thumbsup.gif

It was going to be that or "you just did"

I know I had the temp low, so when should I be expecting the hatch (I'm on day 22)

Chicks don't wear watches. Could be any time.

Hi to Messy :love  The beepers are beautiful!!! 3 little ones and 2 of the first 6 are with the big birds now and doing well :thumbsup

Good to hear.

Did you hear what happened to Messy? She's still alive, though, as of now.

pens are doing ok ken, I let the 8 newbies into the original one, they are about 3 months old now easter eggers, not sure if I want to let them loose into the main one, the main is split into garden areas, and is rotated each year
I've been putting hoop pens over the raised beds for several years. 5 long beds. 2 with seasonal vegetables rotating with a bed planted for chicken pasture and one a chicken run on more mature pasture.

Yup!
Good luck. Habs were in the same position a few weeks ago when they lost, I hope your blues don't have the same fate.
Tight game here. 1-1 going into the third period.

O's just swept the White Sox; 4th win in a row. 1/2 game out of 1st if the Yankees won today

I looked at the standings this morning. They're doing well. After a bad start, the Cards are only a 1/2 game out of first. Game's still tied 4-4 in the 13th.

Teams are down to very few pitchers and bench players.
The Cards are ready to put a couple pitchers in as pinch hitters.

Last baby is out. That makes a 100% hatch for Jace and Bella... 5 set, 5 chicks out. Wonder what their secret is :p

One of mine is attempting Kathy's "do everything wrong" eggsperiment. She sat tight thru lockdown, then played "find the lady" and mixed in a bunch of fresh eggs, then moved the entire clutch about 12" forward, then buried them all in shavings and started a fresh clutch in her original spot. Except she gets off the nest to wander all puffed up around the yard clucking the imaginary ghost chicks she abandoned. :barnie

oh no!!! what now?? :(

Completely fractured tibia. Not sure how, but it's sure broke. Splinting is next to impossible to do properly, but I've taped the leg to the body in a straight position. Up to her now, I've done all I can.

I had a good long think with myself on how much longer I can keep her going before this becomes for me rather than her. I decided to give it another try, as she still seems to be fighting.

Back
Top Bottom