EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I had a bone tumor and the top of my tibia is all bone cement. If its splinted ok and shes acting ok-give her a chance
hugs.gif
See Messy and I are bonded on so many levels
tongue.png
love.gif
(PS I'm really glad they didnt throw in the towel on me
hugs.gif
)
I don't know about splinted okay, I literally just got medical tape and strapped it to her body, but can't do any better -- I tried three times. Anyway, she has her chance, so fingers crossed she heals.

I tried to put her in a sling to get weight off her foot, but she HATED it and wouldn't calm down, so I took her out and just put her in a small crate with a nice, cushy pillow.

I missed what happened! I hope everything is ok... obviously someone broke something
sad.png

I have a chick in my brooder that a broody turkey was raising that somehow broke his ankle. Competely snapped. I'm terrified to change his bandage but he's growing. The good news is he's starting to use his leg again, griping with his toes, and flying up on the edge of the brooder to perch and greet me. He's about 2 weeks old now.

Meaties come in tomorrow...45 of them. This should be an adventure!
I didn't post it here, just on her thread. Chrissy, my one legged WH, somehow completely broke the tibia on the side with no foot. This happened in the first week of her FINALLY being outside after being confined to a crate for 5 months.

I didn't post it here, just on her thread. Chrissy, my one legged WH, somehow completely broke the tibia on the side with no foot. This happened in the first week of her FINALLY being outside after being confined to a crate for 5 months.

Aww, poor girl! I hope she heals well. She's been through so much already!

Hey guys. I am busy outside, but I just saw something on my roosters comb that was not there before and I am not familiar with. Would someone tell me what it is, and what I need to do?

Hey guys. I am busy outside, but I just saw something on my roosters comb that was not there before and I am not familiar with. Would someone tell me what it is, and what I need to do?

Is it bleeding? (I have hads times where my roosters combs get pecked on and start bleeding)

Last edited:
Is it bleeding? (I have hads times where my roosters combs get pecked on and start bleeding)
It looks like scabs. No it is not bleeding, but I have had both coops out yesterday and today so perhaps he fought with one of the other cocks yesterday. It was dark when I go home so their doors were shut, and I didn't see him.

It looks like scabs. No it is not bleeding, but I have had both coops out yesterday and today so perhaps he fought with one of the other cocks yesterday. It was dark when I go home so their doors were shut, and I didn't see him.
When I find that one of my roosters (Mostly my white cochin, Cohin Fang) gets picked on, I nomally bing it in, clean up the blood untill it dries, and then put a bandage on it (if it needs it), but I have very docile birds, but I've had other birfds that will kill a bird if it has even a drop of blood on it, so if that's the case, keep in in a -lace away from the others untillit heals (First time giving advice, but I'm just sharing what I do)

Back
Top Bottom