EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Hmmm...didn't consider that. Thought they were at least THAT tough.:confused:
Nope. Kristin, for one, starts whining if it gets down to 28*C. By 15*C, she's shivering on the floor and murmuring "Cold brrr freezing icy snow I can't feel my toes" over and over again.

Then a cold snap hit so I put her in the fridge to keep her warm, since it was down to -62*C in the house. Not too cold, really, I just put on a jacket. :confused:

It is forced air.

It is forced air, I did calibrate it with 3 thermometer and 2 hydrometer.

I'm in the Milwaukee area, and yes, I did get the Turner out at lockdown, then noticed some of the barnyard mix chicks had already pipped.

I was running it lower, but still kinda high at 75% it then went up.

You have much the same weather as me, except yours is worse...

It is really hard to control humidity this time of year. We have 70-80% ambient humidity then a front comes through and it knocks it down to 10-20%. You adjust for one and it changes again.

I would rather hatch in December with 40 below than this stuff.

Nope. Kristin, for one, starts whining if it gets down to 28*C. By 15*C, she's shivering on the floor and murmuring "Cold brrr freezing icy snow I can't feel my toes" over and over again.

Then a cold snap hit so I put her in the fridge to keep her warm, since it was down to -62*C in the house. Not too cold, really, I just put on a jacket. :confused:
Tsk, tsk. I'd cull her if she was a chicken. Too wimpy for my likes.

You have much the same weather as me, except yours is worse...

It is really hard to control humidity this time of year. We have 70-80% ambient humidity then a front comes through and it knocks it down to 10-20%. You adjust for one and it changes again.

I would rather hatch in December with 40 below than this stuff.
Oh...c'mon! You like a challenge, admit it.;)

I am back from the Dr-he is amazing! Most compassionate Dr. I have ever met and is pulling out all stops to try to get me well. I have several more appointments to make but have complete confidence in him. I will let you know more when I do but this is the most promising news yet as to getting help and a semi normal life back :love you guys must have been sending extra good thought and prayers today :hugs

HI all!!!

Any of you want to come over and help me regulate my humidity..

If anything hatches on the 16th it will be a miracle.

Also I have a stinker in there, I can't find. I need to borrow someones nose to find it...Or candle..I so hate to candle
I'll send my daughter. . she likes older guys and doesn't mind driving across states on a whim to meet people she found online. . .too bad her car is crashed. She's not borrowing mine so guess your out of luck!

I am back from the Dr-he is amazing! Most compassionate Dr. I have ever met and is pulling out all stops to try to get me well. I have several more appointments to make but have complete confidence in him. I will let you know more when I do but this is the most promising news yet as to getting help and a semi normal life back :love you guys must have been sending extra good thought and prayers today :hugs
:clapthat's great. A good doctor makes a lot of difference!

Best news I've had in a while. You're gonna get through this with with a Dr. who really cares :yesss:

Fantastic news!! Oh, I sure hope this turns out okay.

I'll send my daughter. . she likes older guys and doesn't mind driving across states on a whim to meet people she found online. . .too bad her car is crashed. She's not borrowing mine so guess your out of luck!
:duc :he

Back
Top Bottom