EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I know nothing about it so not taking anyone's side. . . but the word fermented to me equals spoiled:confused:
Out of curiosity what are the benefits supposed to be?

There are lots of claims but most are anti-science. It is hard to find a university published paper on it... The one I found a few years back said the only thing it might do is make the gut a little more hostile to parasites.

You drastically alter the nutritional values by fermenting. The sugars and starches become alcohol/more sugar. You change the fiber content. It makes more sense to stay with a feed you know the nutritional value of.

Fermented feeds came along with the ethanol industry, The refineries, had all this spent corn/grain and no way to get rid of it so they started pushing what a great feed it was. It is something but not the greatest feed.

Before you know it some pseudo farmers and ex-hippies decided it was the way to feed and it caught on, to the point the large energy companies could now sell the byproduct they could hardly give away in the past..

It is great marketing by the corporate giants!!

Of course, the DIY people came along and decided they could wet there feed and let it set for a few days and it would be the same as the stuff the refineries were selling....Now we have people nuts over a worthless feed that has altered nutrition and not for the better. Anytime there is heat (like in fermentation) something is burned up and nothing is added or gained...

Now, I will be back in a bit, I need to go get a electrocardiogram.

There are lots of claims but most are anti-science. It is hard to find a university published paper on it... The one I found a few years back said the only thing it might do is make the gut a little more hostile to parasites.

You drastically alter the nutritional values by fermenting. The sugars and starches become alcohol/more sugar. You change the fiber content. It makes more sense to stay with a feed you know the nutritional value of.

Fermented feeds came along with the ethanol industry, The refineries had all this spent corn/grain and no way to get rid of it so they started pushing what a great feed it was. It is something but not the greatest feed.

Before you know it some pseudo farmers and ex-hippies decided it was the way to feed and it caught on, to the point the large energy companies could now sell the byproduct they could hardly give away in the past..

Of course, the DIY people came along and decided they could wet there feed and let it set for a few days and it would be the same as the stuff the refineries were selling....Now we have people nuts over a worthless feed that has altered nutrition and not for the better. Anytime there is heat (like in fermentation) something is burned up and nothing is added or gained...

:smack
Go hug a duck...it might make you feel better. ;)

Fermented feeds came along with the ethanol industry, The refineries, had all this spent corn/grain and no way to get rid of it so they started pushing what a great feed it was. It is something but not the greatest feed.

You are so much fun to annoy. :lau

Warning egg images.............

So would these be developed more?

View attachment 1138688 View attachment 1138689 View attachment 1138692 View attachment 1138693

Scott
Thanks for the warning!!!!
Here's a site on BYC that I use to help me find out what's going on with the developing egg. I'm sure in the front of this forum is helpful information as well. This gives some explanation of what's going on as the eggs develop that was interesting.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876

Back
Top Bottom