EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

You've got to be kidding me! Where the heck did tan come from? If I have to scrap my ameraucana project, I'm going to :hit! Are you positive she from mine? I know you had other lavenders from someone else at the same time.... that just bites.

Here's one of the Marans boys I hatched from your eggs. He won the right to breed since the other boy had turned in knees and straw hackles.

View attachment 1169096 View attachment 1169097 View attachment 1169098 View attachment 1169099

These will be his ladies. Supposedly, they are LP and GFF

View attachment 1169111 View attachment 1169112 View attachment 1169113 View attachment 1169114

As soon as They stay laying.....
dang bring him here! lmao!!

yes I am sure, I wanted to keep yours so I tagged their legs, the others were sold while in brooder in a few days.

sweet! How you been Dan!!!
Do you have an luffa I can buy? lol Does it grow in only some zones? I really want to buy some, need to look into it, just thought of that seeing your goats for some reason LMAO
Yup. I’ve got three I plan on milking come spring. I’m already milking Janet though. (The goldish one) I’m doing well. You?
Not any ripe ones. If you start it early enough you ought to be able to grow it there. Lol

dang bring him here! lmao!!

yes I am sure, I wanted to keep yours so I tagged their legs, the others were sold while in brooder in a few days.

Did you end up with any other pullets? Do they lay blue? I'm going to have to seperate my pullets now and check to see if they're laying tan or not. This really stinks :/

The only flaw I can find on that Marans boy is his comb with isn't really bad. I'm hoping to get some superior boys next generation :)

Yup. I’ve got three I plan on milking come spring. I’m already milking Janet though. (The goldish one) I’m doing well. You?
Not any ripe ones. If you start it early enough you ought to be able to grow it there. Lol
You using a milker or by hand? I want to see everything you make with the milk too!! sucks I am done milking until next year!! I should buy a mini nub in milk just for the sake of milking over winter LMAO what ya think? I need more goats yes?

20170926_085044_HDR.jpg

Did you end up with any other pullets? Do they lay blue? I'm going to have to seperate my pullets now and check to see if they're laying tan or not. This really stinks :/

The only flaw I can find on that Marans boy is his comb with isn't really bad. I'm hoping to get some superior boys next generation :)
I only kept three and two were boys so they were sold my luck right?

I have a black and a blue growing out, much smaller yet from good lines, hoping I get blues from them, but believe it or not, the tan egg is very welcome since the big blue brahama hen barely lays, I get a tan egg again! Just waiting for those blue eggs!! grrrrr
I am only setting the hens eggs that lay the darkest.
20597376_1466394163452729_1746067981321222570_n[1].jpg

I have a black and a blue growing out, much smaller yet from good lines, hoping I get blues from them, but believe it or not, the tan egg is very welcome since the big blue brahama hen barely lays, I get a tan egg again! Just waiting for those blue eggs!! grrrrr
View attachment 1169121

Sally!!! are all those recent? My animals have all but stopped laying. No duck eggs recently, no turkey eggs, and I'm lucky to get 3 eggs a day, from 30 chickens who could lay me eggs :/

View attachment 1169121

Well, I'm glad you enjoy the team egg anyway lol. We can try again if your willing, after I get these young girls seperated and make sure they're laying right. What kills me is the roo I used was direct from John Blehm who is supposed to be a great breeder and well known line. He had to be not carying the blue egg gene and one of the hens I used must have been carrying a tan gene too. I don't have any of them anymore but some of the hen's babies, covered by a silkie feathered roo. Maybe it's been diluted out. Next generation should have silkie feathered genes in there lol

Back
Top Bottom