EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I need to go work in the shop, but I'll need to fire up the propane heater, I'm afraid. 1st of May in 2 days? I don't believe it!
Looking back at my notes we have been in the 90 in April before. We did make it to 88 last week. High around 84 next week. Don’t mind the cooler weather though. It’s the transition to heat that usually gets me.

I wrote up an article on how to build one after getting tired of having to go through a million different "how to build a homemade incubator" articles to figure out how to wire the darn things. Not sure if they will keep it around, as I did use a few stock images, but I drew up the wiring diagrams myself, and it's pretty good if I do say so myself. :oops:
I'll have to check it out. All of my components are from Miller Manufacturing (LG). They screwed up an order we placed. Sent the wrong order so we winded up getting an extra Little Giant heater core and had an extra digital controller as a back up for a 9300. But had to order a sensor ($6.99).
A dollar store picture frame for the window ($1) and a free Styrofoam shipping container used to ship animal medical supplies, extra thick and dense (free).
And a used 12V fan from one of DH's old Ham radio amps. Debating on the rack material. Probably going to use hardware cloth for the rack, held from those styro blocks in the photo.
So we have about 10 bucks invested into the project with shipping.
The sensor will be here by Thurs, I'm building next weekend most likely. Jolly good. I'll read your article before then, thx.

Back
Top Bottom