EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Got my soaps today from Sally! :bun :clap Wow, nice sized bars, and they smell wonderful. Pretty too. :). We Have, or had a a store here in town, not sure they are still there because I didn't go back. They had bushels full of soap! Too much..they weren't selling them fast enough. Mine smelled old. Make sense? I thought they did in the store, just thought maybe once I used it, it would smell better being used. Silly me. I knew Sally's would smell good.. Ok, so where have you decided to sell your soap Sally? No Etsy, Yes eBay? I've ordered from Etsy, not my favorite place to order from. I do a lot of online orders.

I send most people to the website with my goats listings too. I do that via shopify, it has a store as well but its too complicated and also limited when creating a store front, I tried several formats and dont like how it looks there. I hate people having to open each individual soap and read what it smells like etc, I like it all on one page and you can just scroll and click and choose what you like from one page. maybe that is why traffic is slow, I need to create a google imagemap but I dont understand it nor the time to figure out it, I didn add watermarks, compress and name images and add short seo wording for them. but some of it is way out of my knowhow. I am on etsy now but I had to rack up pricings because of free shipping, with soap it can get expensive, say over 12 oz the cheapest is a flat rate cost and then they charge you for shipping and product sales ugh... so anything over two bars, if they are big bars two could be over 12 oz, and then I cant even add samples! just sucks, it pays to order six or more bars and then the shipping is worth the 8 bucks, not for me unless I raise prices like i did on etsy'

I have no clue what mewe is social but I made one up and trying to figure out that social place, to take over fb lol who knows if it will or not.

Good advice! I also have an Etsy shop. Here are some more tips: Visibility is about "milestones," so your visibility increases when you hit, say, 20 sales, 20 listings, 20 good reviews, etc. So it is helpful to get lots of items listed, and encourage people to leave reviews. Use all the tags you have available, and use "terms" as opposed to words. Like "handmade soap" instead of "handmade" and "soap" as separate tags. Your first line of description should also be full of search terms. If people are searching for "handmade lemongrass goatsmilk soap" then fit that into the first line of your description. Finally, fill your title up with search terms, and use the whole space! It looks stupid and I didn't do it for a long time, but packing in the search terms into the title will get you found easier. Something like, "Handmade Goatsmilk Soap -- Lemongrass Scented -- Gentle Soap -- Antiacne Soap -- Fresh Scent". These techniques are called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and should help get you toward the front of the listings!
wow I thought I read to keep them separate!! I give up I swear! anyone want to configure it for me lol

Hasn't really stopped, but it's slowed down considerably, along with the 95+ temps; can actually sleep under a light quilt again w/o the whir of the electric meter on the far end of the house keeping me awake all night. Won't last, though; it'll be right back up there soon enough.

Managed to squeeze in a charter trip on the Chesapeake Bay last Friday. We were back in before the oppressive heat hit, with our limit of Striped Bass.
Nice stripers too! have you made any yet? mom and dad live off them I swear I hate fish, love fishing and pissing people off when I throw back, dont know why, back in for them to catch and eat at their will.

kids helped me set up a bed downstairs and clean up down there today, I think the kids are moving down their now. They said they need a stove yet, I told them a microwave is plenty for them. I did try to pawn a dog or two on them when they move out... didnt work. they were down there an hour and already up here bugging me

Here are my day 7 air cells. I've been running 40% humidity--should I increase and how much? Also, I had two blood rings. What can cause that? Thanks!
Day7Candle.jpg

Attachments

• Day7Candle.jpg
    Day7Candle.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1
  • Day7Candle.jpg
    Day7Candle.jpg
  • Day7Candle.jpg
    Day7Candle.jpg
  • Day7Candle.jpg