EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I’ve been sitting outside (44 degrees) for about an hour. The high will be in the eighties today. This is August, right? The trees have had a lot of orange and red for a few weeks, and I need to rake more than mow.
That's what the calendar says. I'm soaking it up while I can. Nights and early mornings have been as low as the high 50s or low 60s. One day it only got up to 79 but it will be back to the 90s next week. The best part is we are in the midst of an entire week with no rain. I think that's the first time this year.

That's what the calendar says. I'm soaking it up while I can. Nights and early mornings have been as low as the high 50s or low 60s. One day it only got up to 79 but it will be back to the 90s next week. The best part is we are in the midst of an entire week with no rain. I think that's the first time this year.
It’s 70 at 5:00 am. Temps of 80 to 85 in the morning at 5:00. Past couple weeks attic fan hasn’t turned off. It’s off this morning. Smoke and ash from fires yesterday really bad. I’ve got the house open this morning as I’ve either become use to the smell or for the time being it’s blowing in a different direction.

It’s 70 at 5:00 am. Temps of 80 to 85 in the morning at 5:00. Past couple weeks attic fan hasn’t turned off. It’s off this morning. Smoke and ash from fires yesterday really bad. I’ve got the house open this morning as I’ve either become use to the smell or for the time being it’s blowing in a different direction.
Is the hurricane going to blow enough clouds and storms all the way up there?
I can't get over how hot it has been in Washington and Oregon.

Is the hurricane going to blow enough clouds and storms all the way up there?
I can't get over how hot it has been in Washington and Oregon.
We did get cloud cover and thunderstorms from the last hurricane that’s what’s caused most of our fires. I’m assuming that was from the last hurricane it had the right timing. Sis in Idaho had temps of 105. We’ve seen 110 here. That’s by my outside thermometers. Weather channel says 4 degrees less consistently. Neighbors match mine.

We have not gotten rain when we were supposed to, but it rains a little when it isn’t supposed to. All in all, it’s been pretty dry.

We did get cloud cover and thunderstorms from the last hurricane that’s what’s caused most of our fires. I’m assuming that was from the last hurricane it had the right timing. Sis in Idaho had temps of 105. We’ve seen 110 here. That’s by my outside thermometers. Weather channel says 4 degrees less consistently. Neighbors match mine.
The local news usually reports about 3 or 4 degrees warmer than at my house but lately they've been more aligned.
I would never have imagined 105 in Idaho.
Some years we get well over 100 in summer and I always imagined how much nicer it would be up there. Not so.
Are you in danger of being evacuated? I just heard there were more warnings for northern CA.

The local news usually reports about 3 or 4 degrees warmer than at my house but lately they've been more aligned.
I would never have imagined 105 in Idaho.
Some years we get well over 100 in summer and I always imagined how much nicer it would be up there. Not so.
Are you in danger of being evacuated? I just heard there were more warnings for northern CA.
I’m ok so far. Grandson in Fairfield was evacuated last night till 1:30 am. While evacuated they could see the glow from the fire in their home security system. They’ve had some close calls before as we have.
The smoke is back. A breeze came up.
Yes 105 in Idaho I was very concerned for my sister.

I was referring to hurricane Genevieve lashing Cabo San Lucas now that is supposed to be heading up the coast but staying offshore.
Looks like most of Nevada is having smoke warnings with heavy particulates in the air.

I was referring to hurricane Genevieve lashing Cabo San Lucas now that is supposed to be heading up the coast but staying offshore.
Looks like most of Nevada is having smoke warnings with heavy particulates in the air.
I think there was a hurricane last week as well.
Ash was landing on my iPad as I was walking home with owners this morning.

Back
Top Bottom