EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I was sleeping when you posted. I'm here now.
Who needs to sleep? Life is short for spending them sleeping! :D
( back in the old days when I was at my military service one of my platoon members had a frase (that he certainly lived by it!) That he used to say and it goes like that: " The more you sleep, the less you serve the military." This guy could sleep while standing on his feet!

( back in the old days when I was at my military service one of my platoon members had a frase (that he certainly lived by it!) That he used to say and it goes like that: " The more you sleep, the less you serve the military." This guy could sleep while standing on his feet!
In basic training, I was so tired I once fell asleep while marching.

When deprived of adequate sleep, I always caught colds and the flu.
Since I've been able to get sufficient sleep, I've never been sick. That's probably the last 15 years or so.

I'm off to disinfect the hatcher, move eggs due in 2 days to the hatcher; disinfect the incubator, weigh, number and set eggs in the clean incubator.
I'm going to plant more grass, alfalfa, radish and turnips in the bare areas around the coops.
Then I have to finish dismantling an old coop so I can replace it with two buildings, each to hold three breeder units.

ETA
I also have two broody hens sitting on eggs for over a week now.

We are having a brief but welcome respite to the heat.
When I awoke at 5 AM, it was 53F. At 5 AM two days ago it was 80F.
Same break here. 110 down to 98 by Wednesday it’s supposed to be 91. Then back up to 100 for the weekend. They have dropped that forecast from 103. Still smoky here but not as bad. Now it’s just unhealthy for sensitive groups.

Same break here. 110 down to 98 by Wednesday it’s supposed to be 91. Then back up to 100 for the weekend. They have dropped that forecast from 103. Still smoky here but not as bad. Now it’s just unhealthy for sensitive groups.
My friend in Santa Barbara said they spent several days with a lot of smoke but apparently it cleared yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom