EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Sally can't understand.
What are your pictures?
It isn't simple, I never did cytology on dog...
ok, it is noted that during estrus (mating time) the cells become cornified.
I thought you may understand the cell changes better than what I have researched, I think we have AI correct timing, but I just wish I could confirm so I know I did them correct lol.

View attachment 2376434View attachment 2376433View attachment 2376432

Ive got 3 out of four bred. Sugar maybe because I had her with pandora and Percy same day, but I couldnt hang out and see. Pandora for sure he was on her in a heartbeat, sugar is our skitzo goat so who knows with her, she def was in heat so we shall see if she comes back into it again.
really nice Sally! good luck with your breedings I'm still working on some of mine and coming up this next cycle some of my young ones will be bread period of course I had a disaster this week I still don't know how the girl got out but she was out which put her in my front yard and of course she went over to the boys and two of them went over the fence apparently cuz when I came home all three of them are hanging out one was the buckeye brother two originally and now I have to DNA test.
I am getting excited for next week's Buck show.

I will be taking the 2-year-old Boon. and several of my youngsters including Wreaking Havoc, Toby, Mando, and Ven.
the photos of man do and then are a bit old so they're bigger than that now . the others are within a month.
IMG_20201007_190332319.jpg
IMG_20200923_185444891~2.jpg
IMG_20200923_185458500~2.jpg IMG_20200904_082952907~2.jpg IMG_20200903_124944972_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@Pensmaster so how are things out there in your crazy state?
Crazy as ever. 4 weeks of smoke with darker skies has led to less eggs from chickens. Now it’s cleared up a bit hopefully eggs will start but the natural cycle of less daylight has now kicked in.
Work is busier than ever which is also crazy given the times.
Has your rooster just stopped being fertile you mentioned not getting any chicks. I remember the chicks that were flooded.

Crazy as ever. 4 weeks of smoke with darker skies has led to less eggs from chickens. Now it’s cleared up a bit hopefully eggs will start but the natural cycle of less daylight has now kicked in.
Work is busier than ever which is also crazy given the times.
Has your rooster just stopped being fertile you mentioned not getting any chicks. I remember the chicks that were flooded.
I just don't know. it's the younger son of my other rooster he started giving the older guy trouble and I didn't see that he didn't go in one night and I found him later. so I don't know if it's a combination of the rooster not being very fertile or if it's just the fact that my hands are four plus years old. I have younger other things, but not heritage Rhode island reds. the next time I get one Rudy I will try to separate them and see if some extra care won't get me a few in the spring, but at this point I'm not sure they're as much hope of that.
mine have all started mold and slowed down on the eggs. I don't like the shorter days, and I really hate it when the time changes.
I am glad you have plenty of work, but I know what it's like to have more than enough. thankfully this next week I am going to be on vacation. not that I'm going anywhere I just have lots to do to get ready for winter the only real going anywhere I'm going to be doing is to take my bucks to be collected on Wednesday and then the back show which is about 20 minutes from my house next weekend.

I just don't know. it's the younger son of my other rooster he started giving the older guy trouble and I didn't see that he didn't go in one night and I found him later. so I don't know if it's a combination of the rooster not being very fertile or if it's just the fact that my hands are four plus years old. I have younger other things, but not heritage Rhode island reds. the next time I get one Rudy I will try to separate them and see if some extra care won't get me a few in the spring, but at this point I'm not sure they're as much hope of that.
mine have all started mold and slowed down on the eggs. I don't like the shorter days, and I really hate it when the time changes.
I am glad you have plenty of work, but I know what it's like to have more than enough. thankfully this next week I am going to be on vacation. not that I'm going anywhere I just have lots to do to get ready for winter the only real going anywhere I'm going to be doing is to take my bucks to be collected on Wednesday and then the back show which is about 20 minutes from my house next weekend.

My vacation was last week.

Good luck on getting fertile eggs from the RIR

Back
Top Bottom