EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I think I know already the outcome but still I have hope !
Here's my baby chick..
he was malposition so the pip was actually internal and external at the same time (6pm monday night)
by the next day, by 5 pm it was born but...................................
the yolk had been pierced, and a big sac dragging in the incubator, sticking to all the egg shells that's laying around.. the poor thing.

Today (not quite 24h after hatching) the little thing is still alive but so many things are wrong.
it hasn't absorb whatever was dangling and it looks like part of his intestine..still bleeding

That's apart that he's all sticky from the yolk and it's legs are still curled in.. (tried to clean it up a bit but dont want to stress him more then I should.. I've been maintaining the incubator at 75-80% ..

I think I know already the outcome but still I have hope ! Here's my baby chick.. he was malposition so the pip was actually internal and external at the same time (6pm monday night) by the next day, by 5 pm it was born but................................... the yolk had been pierced, and a big sac dragging in the incubator, sticking to all the egg shells that's laying around.. the poor thing. Today (not quite 24h after hatching) the little thing is still alive but so many things are wrong. it hasn't absorb whatever was dangling and it looks like part of his intestine..still bleeding That's apart that he's all sticky from the yolk and it's legs are still curled in.. (tried to clean it up a bit but dont want to stress him more then I should.. I've been maintaining the incubator at 75-80% ..
Oh wow, that looks bad.... I had that happen to one of mine. I had to put it down. :( @Wickedchicken6 was able to save some of hers, but I suspect your little one is doomed.... It has certainly picked up bacteria from dragging it around so long. :/

I think I know already the outcome but still I have hope !
Here's my baby chick..
he was malposition so the pip was actually internal and external at the same time (6pm monday night)
by the next day, by 5 pm it was born but...................................
the yolk had been pierced, and a big sac dragging in the incubator, sticking to all the egg shells that's laying around.. the poor thing.

Today (not quite 24h after hatching) the little thing is still alive but so many things are wrong.
it hasn't absorb whatever was dangling and it looks like part of his intestine..still bleeding

That's apart that he's all sticky from the yolk and it's legs are still curled in.. (tried to clean it up a bit but dont want to stress him more then I should.. I've been maintaining the incubator at 75-80% ..
hate to say it but that is a lot of intestine hanging out
hugs.gif

time to euthanize, sorry

Dispatching chicks/chickens see Post #44564 and This Article

SO funny story

My father in law has 3 chickens, he thought 2 boys and a girl, he was going to dispatch one of the boys but one went missing last week

the pullet has been laying for a couple weeks maybe a month and is now broody, she is setting on 3 eggs

my FIL kept looking for the missing cockerel because he liked that one more than the one he has

So Last night he found it, under a trailer, setting on about 10 eggs

oops, guess he has 2 pullets and one cockerel

and soon many babies

SO funny story

My father in law has 3 chickens, he thought 2 boys and a girl, he was going to dispatch one of the boys but one went missing last week

the pullet has been laying for a couple weeks maybe a month and is now broody, she is setting on 3 eggs

my FIL kept looking for the missing cockerel because he liked that one more than the one he has

So Last night he found it, under a trailer, setting on about 10 eggs

oops, guess he has 2 pullets and one cockerel

and soon many babies
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom