EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Ok, so Tuesday afternoon my dogs are in my office and start barking. I go see what they are barking at, there are two foxes in the big pasture. I let the dogs outside, there's fence so they cannot get into the big pasture unless I open the gate. The foxes run off. Dogs come inside, awhile later they are barking in my office. I look, the foxes are back. I let the dogs out, the foxes run away again, shortly after a bunch of deer run by. I realize it's still rabbit season, a bit later dogs are barking in my office, I look out and see three beagles and four guys in orange vests. no Fox prints have been seen around barn or coup too much rejoicing. I really don't want to have to shoot a red fox, get rid of the foxes and coyotes move in, worse problem.
I had to put up a fence to keep our dogs safe from the coyotes. The neighbors also just saw a fox. Can’t let chickens out anymore.

I had to put up a fence to keep our dogs safe from the coyotes. The neighbors also just saw a fox. Can’t let chickens out anymore.

on the other side of our hill there are coyotes, foxes on this side. My understanding is they don't share territory for long. I'd rather have foxes. Although, coyotes I can shoot on site for no reason, fox there is a season, but bothering live stock or poultry is a death sentence.

on the other side of our hill there are coyotes, foxes on this side. My understanding is they don't share territory for long. I'd rather have foxes. Although, coyotes I can shoot on site for no reason, fox there is a season, but bothering live stock or poultry is a death sentence.
Coyotes have always been here. They tend to come and go. They have been really brave this year coming within 20’feet of the house. We had a small fence our small dogs wouldn’t go over. Now it’s a wrought iron fence.

Coyotes have always been here. They tend to come and go. They have been really brave this year coming within 20’feet of the house. We had a small fence our small dogs wouldn’t go over. Now it’s a wrought iron fence.
If you will keep a bigger more aggressive dog breed, to watch your property, won't it be more logical? The name Belgian Malinois is crossing my mind now.

Neither are these.
2B23FC3A-C4AD-44C8-8D8D-1610BF426071.gif

Back
Top Bottom