EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I cannot go to the hospital (and with so many sick people, who would want to?), but I think I’m okay anyway. I’m still trying to stop crying, and wondering how I can beat the others in the Fitbit challenge. My brain is getting quite a workout!
I guess you can say I’m going to be okay physically, but mentally I am in serious trouble!

I cannot go to the hospital (and with so many sick people, who would want to?), but I think I’m okay anyway. I’m still trying to stop crying, and wondering how I can beat the others in the Fitbit challenge. My brain is getting quite a workout!
I guess you can say I’m going to be okay physically, but mentally I am in serious trouble!
Oh my. I hope you recover well and are able to continue your challenge. Keep an eye out for infection, though I'm sure you already know that.

I am a dummy. I had forgotten that I put in a couple of eggs a day and a half after starting the others, and that's why this chick is "late." Because it's actually on time. It probably would have needed help anyway, because of its malposition, but now I know for sure to leave it alone while it finishes absorbing blood and yolk.

Babies sleep. Don’t give up until you do an assist on day 24.
I’m drunk as heck, but I wanna hug you. :hugs

You must be a nice drunk to still want to hug me after I blatantly ignored your advice! :lau:oops:

The vascular system of the egg we are waiting on doesn't seem to be progressing. I'm worried that I really messed up by trying to assist it over 24 hours before it was due to hatch.

The advice from @Sally Sunshine says, "A chick rests during this QUIET phase as it is preparing for hatching. This is a VERY quiet stage that is easily misinterpreted. Inside the egg the chick is resting and learning to breath. They will sleep while occasionally opening and closing their mouth. The chick will move it's head in a jerky pipping motion as well as chirp lightly. The lungs are maturing and with this change in chest pressure it causes contractions which helps the yolk sac to be drawn inside the abdomen. Blood vessels at this stage also start to recede. If assisted prematurely it can cause hemorrhaging from the blood vessels and the yolk sac will be unable to absorb."

Does this mean it's doomed? :hitIt looks so gory! If, by some miracle, it survives, I'm going to name it the Blood Queen. (If it survives it will be a girl. If it dies it will be a roo. I insist!)

Perhaps Crimson or Mary would be less gruesome. :lol:
I’m a very happy person intoxicated, unless something is torturing me. I stay away from alcohol when I am not in the right mindset.
I am the very same!

Still waiting for "Mary" (historian LOL) to make her appearance. If I consider 24hrs post-pip to be my permission to, er, resume assisting, then that will be tomorrow. So as long as I see life, I'm just waiting. *tick tock tick tock*

Phew!

4chicks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom