EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Basicly they are rats with hairy tails.
I think you will find this interesting(no conbectione to squirrels )
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30532510/
I always knew that about Fayoumi but not the other breeds. Perhaps that is because Fayoumi are the only one that is in the US.
I can imagine that several of the other breeds are available in Israel.
Do you know of any of them?
I guess it makes sense that all of them evolved or were developed in the same geographical region.
Fayoumi was once on my wish list.

I always knew that about Fayoumi but not the other breeds. Perhaps that is because Fayoumi are the only one that is in the US.
I can imagine that several of the other breeds are available in Israel.
Do you know of any of them?
I guess it makes sense that all of them evolved or were developed in the same geographical region.
Fayoumi was once on my wish list.
Exepet the Payoumi, (very common here!) Don't known any of them, in my opinion theis gene appeared locally in some ancestor individual and frome there it spared to manny varieties which evolved to breeds due to geographic isolation.

Last edited:
I wonder why lots of mixed breeds aren’t around, like with the designer dogs that have been bred with poodles to severely reduce allergens?
mixed breeds have Heterosis and they much more successful from pure breed, and they are much more common thaen you think! Al the egg industry depends on mix breeds as the chicken meat industry. And a lot of BYC breeds are mixed! Legbar, easter eggers ect.

mixed breeds have Heterosis and they much more successful from pure breed, and they are much more common thaen you think! Al the egg industry depends on mix breeds as the chicken meat industry. And a lot of BYC breeds are mixed! Legbar, easter eggers ect.
I’m aware of that, lol. :) I should have been more clear.
I meant breeds mixed specifically with Fayoumi, etc to guard against Marek’s.

Back
Top Bottom