EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Hello all, its a soaping kinda day here, waiting for the oils to cool.
worked on a felted order for eye glass cases for an order.
I love working with wool, needlefelting more so than wet felting for sure, But it helps with cash so I make what they order.

View attachment 2340456View attachment 2340457
wow! nice felt work especially the flower.
I am going to be making some soap this weekend but not as fancy as yours first I had to do an ugly job of repairing one of the back steps. this is just the first layer period the guy at the home improvement store was like well why don't you just get new steps I don't know if that'll work when I went to get mortar. I said do you have the money? IMG_20200920_150632099.jpg

Last edited:
I have not hatched anything before, ever.
I found some quail eggs that were hidden in their cage so I thought they would make a great first test batch. My main problem is that I don’r remember the exact day I put them in there and I think I stopped turning them too soon. I thought I put them in on the first, but now I think it was a couple of days after.
I don’t see any signs of pipping and candling seems almost futile.
I have candled one from the fridge and it lit like a bulb, and these stay dark.
Any advice is appreciated.

:lol: Quail eggs are tricky to candle. Assume they will hatch. Be patient, keep the humidity level, and if you want, give a few light taps to the eggs, and listen for peeping. They might wiggle too.
Dear Butercup few years ago was a BYC member which posted a lot here, I think his name was "local jokel" (or something like that) that was wiping off the colors on the quail egg shell ,getting white egg that was very easy to candle.

Back
Top Bottom