EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I’ve had two hatches one for NYH and the one that’s hatching now. Three of thirteen out so far. Four eggs are store bought fertile eggs. Two of those have hatched.
Where did you get your eggs and what varieties?
I'm just doing barn yard mix these days. Try to get the mixed with the best egg layers. I'm in Utah, the eggs that came yesterday are from Idaho. Some of the poopiest eggs I've ever received! lol...they asked if I wanted them washed, and if it was ok to have some on them. I said I've hatched many an egg with some poo on them...just so they weren't ...thick with it. . Pretty close. 😳. I also have some coming from Louisiana and Illinois. Haven't ever ordered from those areas. With cold weather, wanted to make sure I get some to hatch. If I get a few, I now have a nice big area for them to roam other than right out my back door, which I actually miss, but, do like having a nice lawn to walk on in the summer. 😁. On breeds..I had so much fun in the past hatching different breeds. I have some great photos of all the different types. I never thought I would like the Nn.,..but found out I love them..with a bow tie. I actually have a possibility if getting some from the ones coming from Illinois. Crossing fingers. Here's one of my babies from the past.
FB_IMG_1572641960806.jpg

I'm just doing barn yard mix these days. Try to get the mixed with the best egg layers. I'm in Utah, the eggs that came yesterday are from Idaho. Some of the poopiest eggs I've ever received! lol...they asked if I wanted them washed, and if it was ok to have some on them. I said I've hatched many an egg with some poo on them...just so they weren't ...thick with it. . Pretty close. 😳. I also have some coming from Louisiana and Illinois. Haven't ever ordered from those areas. With cold weather, wanted to make sure I get some to hatch. If I get a few, I now have a nice big area for them to roam other than right out my back door, which I actually miss, but, do like having a nice lawn to walk on in the summer. 😁. On breeds..I had so much fun in the past hatching different breeds. I have some great photos of all the different types. I never thought I would like the Nn.,..but found out I love them..with a bow tie. I actually have a possibility if getting some from the ones coming from Illinois. Crossing fingers. Here's one of my babies from the past. View attachment 2482283
There’s something to be said about a clean lawn for sure. Another reason mine don’t free range anymore.
Bad on the pooped eggs.
After the batch of eggs I ordered from the Illinois area I was told that shipping area was really bad on eggs. The box was smashed on one corner three eggs destroyed but, I had my best hatch rate from them.

Was just wondering if anyone talks... hatching in this site any more. I'm hatching! 🐣. I haven't hatched in the winter in a while. Will see how this goes! Put my first ...ahem...mailed eggs in tonight. Two more coming next week. I want some new layers to start earlier this year instead of waiting for fall.
I just hatched. And a new hatch happening now.
24FA02C5-8DAF-4AD4-9C12-BE4271DFBC8F.jpeg

There’s something to be said about a clean lawn for sure. Another reason mine don’t free range anymore.
Bad on the pooped eggs.
After the batch of eggs I ordered from the Illinois area I was told that shipping area was really bad on eggs. The box was smashed on one corner three eggs destroyed but, I had my best hatch rate from them.
:fl. That's one with some Nn's.

Back
Top Bottom