EE, Ameraucanas, Araucana, mutts--my rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
12683_beatinghorse.gif

Seriously. Who cares.
hmm.png
This topic has been beaten to death over and over and over again. A chicken is a chicken. Why would you be "insulted" that it's a mutt? Enjoy your chicken, her eggs and her companionship, for Pete's sake!

Quote:
AHHH! HAHA! your right it has been beatin to death but now its just the point. This topic will make you pull your hair out!

I rather like that smilie myself, LOL.

From the OP's first post:

I just don't understand... This seems like such an easy thing to correct and the confusion would not be so wide spread.. It's sorta like having dogs that are mix breed and someone selling them as pure breeds JUST because it has some of that breed in it's background...

Confused Dixie

Not so easy, is it, Dixie?
hmm.png

It would be a very rare occurrence to get a truly rumpless EE from a hatchery and seems that most EEs lay green eggs or bluish-green rather than blue. Yes, I know some do lay truly blue eggs..I said most, not all, lay greenish eggs. No need to post all your blue EE eggs here

and to that I would add, *because it really doesn't prove anything since egg color is only one component of the standard*

And as Carrie says, it doesn't matter unless you are showing or selling hatching eggs to people who really want a true Ameraucana, per standard. Seems we go round and round and round every week on this same subject. Since we really do not seem to be getting anywhere here, seems we should just shelve this for now. I'm sure it will come up again.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom