EE and SLW - 10 Weeks Old

gjpaddles

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Anaheim Hills
I think yours are both girls. But if you are still unsure, keep an eye on new feathers (saddle feathers) starting to grow on the middle of it's back like this. Here is my rooster at 10 weeks. My roo also had a pointier tale feathers than the girls did. At 10 weeks mine also started learning to crow.

Tiss

Songster
9 Years
May 8, 2010
Georgia
I'd say the SLW is a pullet. My cockerels had much bigger waddles at 10 weeks and have a blotchier pattern the their feathers.

As for the EE, he/she has a much redder comb than my 12-week old EE pullets. Also has pretty big legs. Hard to tell....

anniem

Songster
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
Eugene, OR
Can you add a shot of the EE standing? The coloring seems more pullet, but the comb is a bit red and the legs look pretty thick.

Suburban Sprouts

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis, MO
This is the only standing-ish photo of Beatrice I have right now... it's from a couple weeks ago so she was about 8 weeks old at the time.

DoubleTake

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Idaho
I'd say beatrice is a "Beau" ... due to the pointy saddle feathers and longer tail.. but the SLW looks like a girly!

metraideanne

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Salt Lake City
Just curious, did you chose Bronte because of Emily or Charlotte?

I have a small parrot named Bronte after Charlotte and I just adore him!

Suburban Sprouts

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Ha ha! That's amazing! Mine is named after Emily because of her poem "High Waving Heather" which is my absolute favorite poem of all time.

Beatrice is named after the character in Much Ado About Nothing.

Top Bottom