EE are confusing!

Winxee

Chirping
Jul 3, 2021
South Louisiana
My EE are roughly 8 weeks, I think. I got them from TSC. The dude told me they were certified females. He got them from the back. I am suspecting one being a roo. I really hope not as i already have a territorial roo and these ate pets that will give me delicious butt nuggets. I have read through so many forums, here and elsewhere. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos but the thing is, these birds carry both roo and hen traits from what I've seen and read. EE'gers are the enigmas of the feathered dinosaur world.
20210710_122950.jpg
20210710_201522.jpg
20210710_122910.jpg

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕🐖🐈
Aug 2, 2020
California
My EE are roughly 8 weeks, I think. I got them from TSC. The dude told me they were certified females. He got them from the back. I am suspecting one being a roo. I really hope not as i already have a territorial roo and these ate pets that will give me delicious butt nuggets. I have read through so many forums, here and elsewhere. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos but the thing is, these birds carry both roo and hen traits from what I've seen and read. EE'gers are the enigmas of the feathered dinosaur world. View attachment 2755024 View attachment 2755030 View attachment 2755031
All pictured are pullets!

Overo Mare

🤚🙄 Queen Mayor of BYC
Premium Feather Member
Aug 26, 2019
Small-town, Virginia
All pullets.

Not sure where you've been reading, but a pullet of any breed won't have cockerel traits. Some hens get spurs. Very very rarely some hens will grow male specific feathering due to a damaged ovary/hormonal imbalance. Some also may crow. None of that is specific to EE's though and most always only affects older hens.

Winxee

Chirping
Jul 3, 2021
South Louisiana
All pullets.

Not sure where you've been reading, but a pullet of any breed won't have cockerel traits. Some hens get spurs. Very very rarely some hens will grow male specific feathering due to a damaged ovary/hormonal imbalance. Some also may crow. None of that is specific to EE's though and most always only affects older hens.
Thank you!!

Top Bottom