EE/Aruacana cross - Lethal factor ? UPDATE : Pics of new hatches

Quote:
Hey, I do too.
smile.png
They're not very popular or common, sadly.

Tails are something that occasionally occurs in flocks. It is often from someone's neglection to breed it out, someone's project in improving fertility, or other reasons. They can be tricky to track down the culprit carrier of at times though. A good sign of them being Easter Eggers is if any of them have beard/muffs instead of true tufts.
wink.png

As for the chicks dying. . . You sure it isn't from other reasons? Some breeders do breed tufted x tufted but most don't, especially with eggs they're selling. Chicks die in the shell for a many of reasons, no matter the breed.

Quote:
Thanks a million for that. I was thinking it was something like that but I wasn't certain. I wanted to mentally prepare my self just in case, as well as my 4 and 6 year old kiddos.

Joining this thred if no one minds. I got ebay eggs sold as "True Auracanas" bought 6 and seller send 16. Had 1 chick hatch and 2 die in shell fully formed. Thought that might have been from the recessive gene. Lone chick is developing tail feathers. What does that mean? Is it an EE or could it still be an Auracana. Chick is 1 week old. Sorry for butting in but whenever I see 'Auracana' in a title I get excited.

No problem! I don't mind at all! Genetics is a crazy thing that I don't even begin to understand. I would love to understand it, guess I'll have to start reading up. Sorry to hear about the 2 little ones that you lost! But I would love to see a picture of the one that you do have!​

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have 5 hatched and 3 more are zipping!!!
wee.gif
From what I can tell, and it's really hard since they are still wet, I think I see one tuft!! I'll post pics when I get a chance!

Back
Top Bottom