EE behavior

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by nipper75, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nipper75

nipper75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    Are EE usually a little skitish? I have 2 EEs, 2 dominiques, & 2 black australorps. The dominiques and BA come to me when I reach for them but my EEs won't. Are they normally shy birds?

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    EEs can vary a great deal in temperament. Most of mine are very outgoing (a.k.a. always in trouble) [​IMG], but a couple are shy and don't like to be touched. [​IMG] Keep working with them and they will come around. [​IMG]

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I think it depends on the individual. I have 3 EEs that are a year old. One is always trying to perch on my shoulder and insists on being held, one who will hang around me but doesn't like to be picked up (once I have her she is content to sit in my arms for a few minutes), and one (my roo) who won't let me within two feet of him. I would just keep trying to socialize with them. They may come around. [​IMG]

4. nipper75

nipper75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    thanks..
    [​IMG]

5. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    My EE is a little skittish too, not of me but of sounds and objects. It (still thinking I may have a cockerel... mighty small tail feathers for a 5/6week old chick...) I've had it since the day after it hatched and it's very tame and comes when I call it, however, it's scared of alot of things like a shiny beaded necklace I have. *shrugs* They are mutts though so maybe the combination of breeds that make them up are skittish?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by