EE boy?

bloom_ss

Songster
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
Spokane Valley, WA
I got 7 chicks this spring and so far two turned out to be boys (one BR and one BA). I am pretty sure I have 2 BA girls a BSL girl and a BR girl left, but my EE is just confusing me. Is this a boy EE? Do the other 4 look like pullets to you or am I just being too optimistic?

Thanks for the help...I really hope you all are right. I have raised EEs before, but none of them ever looked like this one. I would be thrilled if this one is a girl..."she" is so pretty and I wanted to name her Ellie. =) As long as she stays a she that is. lol

Ok, so just to be sure does anyone else have any thoughts on this little EE? I was watching him/her today and s/he is definitely the boss of the pen. I really am hoping for a girl, but I've never had one of my EEs feather out this color before. What about the darker feathers on it's back and wings? I already gave away two definite roos before the kids named them so I am hesitant to let them name this one for fear it will turn out to be a boy.

I see all pullets.

I have some mixed birds with some ee background that have some darker shading, the key is where the shading is. Wings/shoulders is a rooster. My hens, like your pretty girl, have shading over the back end and one has it on her breast also. And their shading is even and smooth, where a roosters is splotchy and flashy.

Back
Top Bottom