EE Contest! Judging in Process! WINNERS ANNOUNCED! PRIZES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
OMG, I have GOT to find one like Purdy!She is BEYOND gorgeous!
I absolutely love her colors and that feather pattern is unbelievable!

I agree, she is absolutely beautiful! What color was she as a chick?

Quote:
OMG, I have GOT to find one like Purdy!She is BEYOND gorgeous!
I absolutely love her colors and that feather pattern is unbelievable!

I agree, she is absolutely beautiful! What color was she as a chick?

I can't remember her coloring as a tiny chick, but she was probably a very light one - either yellow or greyish?. She came in the mail with 24 other EEs I bought. I kept the more unique colored chicks and sold the rest.

This is the first pic I have of her - probably about 8 weeks old - she looks like a typical splash color.
EEchicks007.jpg

This is her at about 3 months old - getting more dark feathers as she matures:

SplashEE16.jpg

004.jpg

Here she is at 16 weeks old - you can see the variations in her coloring (the very light grey, medium grey, dark grey):

168.jpg

And now - after her first molt - she still has the distinct color variations shown in her previous pic but they don't show up well in this pic - I'll have to try to get some clearer shots:
005-5.jpg

and my splash Ameraucana - this one is about 18 months old now and has also finished her first molt (more typical of splash coloring):
Christmas2010029.jpg

I have a pullet that is coloring out very much like perdy. She is a cochin mix though. Also a banty. Unfortunately I believe that she is ill. She may have croup (spelling?) Not really an expert on chicken illness, whatever it is doesnt seem to be contagious or her siblings and mothers would have been sick as well. She developed a crooked neck and keeps her head nearly tucked under her wing also her behaviour is sparatic and she doesnt have very good balance either. Though she is a very young girl and I think the weather may have had a lot to do with her illness more than anything else. They are yard birds as well. So no telling. She is isolated for now so she can be monitered. I hope she makes it out of her funk. She is a perdy girl!

Went out to feed the feathered babies and my little girl is doing MUCH better today! She is walking straighter and much more alert, she is drinking wonderfully and has an appetite too. I think she might just make it through. I believe I was right about the weather. It was down to 19 this morning and tonight is supposed to be even colder looking at about 16

There are already such pretty EEs, but I would like to show mine too.
big_smile.png

Prettiest Hen
•Sally
•1year old
•Hen
44962_01-11-2011_chickens_029.jpg

Prettiest Hen
•Lady
•1year old
•Hen
44962_01-11-2011_chickens_037.jpg

Prettiest Rooster