EE egg issue *updated necropsy photos*

Poor girlfriend. She was definitely emaciated and had a giant load of infection. You made the right choice. Looked like internal laying/salpingitis/ascites. Great photos and descriptions.
I'd also like to give you a huge thanks for such a wonderful presentation. Plucking her so we could see the keel and distended abdomen was very smart and extremely helpful.

Poor girlfriend. She was definitely emaciated and had a giant load of infection. You made the right choice. Looked like internal laying/salpingitis/ascites. Great photos and descriptions.
I'd also like to give you a huge thanks for such a wonderful presentation. Plucking her so we could see the keel and distended abdomen was very smart and extremely helpful.
I'm glad I laid it out ok. I really tried, lol
Thanks for you helping me. Guess I'll have to do some reading about the internal laying and salpingitis. I don't know much about all this stuff.

Poor baby. You most definitely made the right choice. It is remarkable how much her feathers hid her poor health. Your story really is tugging at my heartstrings though. I have a pullet that is around 10 months old. She is the offspring an heritage leghorn, the mother lays very tiny pointy white eggs, and had molted by the time I got my first egg from the offspring. It was tiny white and pointy. I got maybe 2 eggs from her last fall. Her comb has remained shriveled and she spends most of her time kind of hunched up. I gave her antibiotics for around 3 weeks with no change and she's been treated for external mites and lice. She's just never perked up and I fear she has something internal going on. :(

Poor baby. You most definitely made the right choice. It is remarkable how much her feathers hid her poor health. Your story really is tugging at my heartstrings though. I have a pullet that is around 10 months old. She is the offspring an heritage leghorn, the mother lays very tiny pointy white eggs, and had molted by the time I got my first egg from the offspring. It was tiny white and pointy. I got maybe 2 eggs from her last fall. Her comb has remained shriveled and she spends most of her time kind of hunched up. I gave her antibiotics for around 3 weeks with no change and she's been treated for external mites and lice. She's just never perked up and I fear she has something internal going on. :(
Aw, poor baby. Definitely sounds similar to Rainbow. 😕
And yes, the feathers hid her weight loss extremely well. I had no idea she weighed so little until I picked her up the other day. She's also always been all about the food when I would feed so it wasn't like she wasn't hungry.

Back
Top Bottom