EE found on coop floor, half of head feathers are up, droopy eye

That is a good sign. How is she feeling now? It is hard to diagnose EYP without X-rays and a vet. But yes, chickens can lay an egg with various reproductive disorders, but probably would not lay regularly. Some eggs may get deposited inside the abdomen in hens, and that is what can cause problems.

She is more alert and active but she is still panting and does not want food or water. I am using a dropper to put it on her beak and hope she is drinking it as it rolls down. She has definitely drank some

My feed store had ivermectin and employee with chickens said she uses it twice a year to worm her chickens. I gave it as suggested to Pepperoni(my hen) for 24 hours and today she is on ACV water and a high protein diet. Last night she ate some of the food mixed into the water, well she drank it. She was taking gulps of water last night, this morning not as much. I don’t want to force her to go through this but my vets are booked and she is my pet so I simply cannot euthanize at home.
I have dosed the rest of my girls, they are all doing well.

Usually for worming I suggest Valbazen or SafeGuard 10% liquid goat wormer or horse paste. Hopefully the ivermectin will help, but it has recently not done the job it once did. Be sure to repeat the ivermectin in 10-14 days to get any newly hatched worm eggs.

Usually for worming I suggest Valbazen or SafeGuard 10% liquid goat wormer or horse paste. Hopefully the ivermectin will help, but it has recently not done the job it once did. Be sure to repeat the ivermectin in 10-14 days to get any newly hatched worm eggs.
Yes I will, i was wondering about that

Back
Top Bottom