EE, is it a girl or boy?

I don't know the color either, but this chicken is from a second generation of my other EE that was recently eaten by a fox. She was literally the sweetest chicken. She would come up to me when I went outside and sit on my lap. She was that same color, and when I showed up at the house yesterday to pick up two adults and she had a whole bunch of these running around I just had to have one.

I am going with cockeral, there seem to be some sickle feathers in front of the tail, most noticible in the 4th and 5th pic. The tail looks picked, that is why it looks *not so rooish* . JMO
hmm.png

Ours was super sweet, too. She thought she was a person! We kept her inside since she was the only one we had. She would stretch out on me and watch TV for hours, she would also invite herself to whatever was on our dinner plates, even if it was chicken! Crazy chick! We miss her so much. Anyone else know what that color might be called?

Roo. The body seems to be carried higher above the legs than my pullets.

Here is Carmelita, at 7 weeks.
23095_carmelita_7_wks.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is roo, due to the tail feathering. Comb is a bit confusing, though. Not very red yet, but some are late bloomers.

Some easter Eggers are so hard to sex. Take a look at the more solid colored chick in the following 2 pictures.

19548_chickens_008.jpg

19548_chickens_006.jpg

That chick had me fooled for a long time. She was 7-8 weeks old in the above pictures and is now laying nice green eggs for me.

color looks like my goldie, i just call them a gold. my goldie is so sweet, she seems to know when it is my day off and she waits til i go in the coop and give her scritches before she will come out, has pretty swky blue eggs:thumbsup

So it seems like I might have just a big mystery on my hands. Hope I find out for sure before he/ she starts crowing. My neighbors hate me already. They hardly believed me when I told them I was perfectly within the law with my chickens (called animal services just to "make sure"). I live in a regular suburban neighborhood so you wouldn't expect to see chickens in your neighbors backyard. They would definitely have someone out here if anyone started to crow. Keep your fingers crossed for a little girl!!!

She looks like my EE pullets that are 10.5 weeks old. Although, I do have a white one that I am suspecting maybe a roo. It's comb has been a brighter pink instead of the pale peachy pink of the others.

Back
Top Bottom