EE/Lemon Cuckoo Orpington Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by babowman3, Feb 12, 2014.

1. babowman3

babowman3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone every crossed an EE rooster with a Lemon Cuckoo Orp hen? I have some chicks of this breed, their coloring is soooooo pretty. I can't wait till they are older. The lady crossed this to hopefully get a greenish egg. The rooster came from a long line of blue eggs with slate blue legs and the Orps lay a creamy egg-so she says a greenish egg is hopefully in the mix. I'm just hoping I have at least one hen out of 4. If tail feather sexing is right, I only have one hen. There's one chick that has a lot of tail feathers (2 weeks old) the other 3 don't have any...[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    You should have green eggs easily. I don't know if the chick's down color would have made this visible, but I believe that would be a sex link mix, and the chicks with a white spot on the head would be male, inheriting the cuckoo pattern from momma.

3. babowman3

babowman3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm. I don't have any with a white spot. One has a black spot. Here's the babies. They are all colored so different. I can't wait to see what they look like as adults! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by