EE making a repetitive noise

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
When I went out to let the girls out of the coop this afternoon, I could hear one of them making this strange, loud, repetitive noise. It was HennyPenny, the golden EE. She just kept making the same noise over and over and over, for an hour or so! At first she wouldn't leave the roost, then she finally flew out and across the yard, still making that strange, droning noise. She didn't stop throughout the whole time she was outside, and she was still making the noise when she went back into the coop for the night, when hubby locked them up, she was still making it. She wasn't when I came home about half an hour later, but it was pitch dark at that point. Strange.....
idunno.gif
It was almost like she was insane
hu.gif

how old is HP? Some of mine did the SAME THING when they were changing from adolescents to grown-up girls. One of my BOs who has developed her red wattles & comb still hasn't started laying, but every now and then she takes a half day or full day and does the repetitive noise thing, almost like a lullaby to herself, only loud! I don't know what she's doing... anybody else know? She is in good health and doesn't appear to be in any distress.

HennyPenny (and the rest of them) were 20 weeks old yesterday. No one is laying yet. It does bring some comfort, crtrlovr, that others have heard this kind of noise. Hubby kind of thought it might be an egg noise, too, but it was late in the afternoon. Maybe when I go out into the coop tomorrow she'll have a surprise for me! Although I can't say I expected her to be the first one to lay, the BO's have much larger combs and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom