EE or Ameraucana?

Quote:
An unrecognized color in an ameraucana does not mean it is an EE. Ameraucanas are a pure breed, EEs are mutts. An unrecognized variety would be considered and shown as AOV.

poultrykeeper08 wrote:
An unrecognized color in an ameraucana does not mean it is an EE. Ameraucanas are a pure breed, EEs are mutts. An unrecognized variety would be considered and shown as AOV.

I dont know whether or not the above bird is An EE OR ameraucana just wanted to clear up the color thing

If it is a mixed color and not something that is being worked on, then yes, it is an ee.​

pips&peeps :

Quote:

poultrykeeper08 wrote:

I dont know whether or not the above bird is An EE OR ameraucana just wanted to clear up the color thing

If it is a mixed color and not something that is being worked on, then yes, it is an ee.​

Not if the bird is a pure ameraucana.​

If you mix colors with no goal or pattern in mind even in pure ameraucanas, they are still easter eggers.

They have to breed true and a mixed bird cannot do that.

I see what you're saying, but mixing the colors doesn't make them genetically any less of a pure ameraucana than a recognized variety.

Ummmmmmmm............?
sad.png

Last edited:
If you mix colors with no goal or pattern in mind even in pure ameraucanas, they are still easter eggers.

The Ameraucana Breeders Club website specifically states that the bird must meet the standard and a variety to be considered an Ameraucana. If it meets the standard, yet is not classified under an accepted variety, it needs to breed true 50% of the time to be considered an Ameraucana. To state that the bird in question can or cannot do this is assuming until it is -otherwise- put to fact.​

Last edited by a moderator:
QuailHollowP&P :

The Ameraucana Breeders Club website specifically states that the bird must meet the standard and a variety to be considered an Ameraucana. If it meets the standard, yet is not classified under an accepted variety, it needs to breed true 50% of the time to be considered an Ameraucana. To state that the bird in question can or cannot do this is assuming until it is -otherwise- put to fact.​

yes, but the source of the bird tells you a lot........if it came from a feed store or hatchery then it is not an ameraucana.....not saying this one did.....​

QuailHollowP&P :

To state that the bird in question can or cannot do this is assuming until it is -otherwise- put to fact.

That is correct. It is not only assumed to me an EE, it is considered to be an EE, until proven otherwise. Ergo, the difference between an EE and an Ameraucana - one is a recognized breed and the other is not.

Now, having said that, I feel I must once again state (so that no one is offended or misled by the above) what I have stated many times before. There is nothing wrong with EE's as long as one knows what they are and represents/advertises them as such.

God Bless,​

Ok, I get it. I have EE's. They were a gift (I know, odd gift) and came from a feed store. I was hoping for Ameraucanas, but really just enjoy the fresh eggs and pretty birds, so it's all good. Thanks to everyone who contributed to answering my question. You guys rock!!
Now keep your fingers crossed for my first clutch which is supposed to hatch on Sunday.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom