EE Roo or Hen? 26 weeks old! *PICS*

Kathryn4629

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Colbert, WA
Ok.... I am pretty sure that this EE is a roo but there has been no crowing or anything!! Also the pictures make the comb look a lot more red, its not as red as a hen that is laying. So is it a he or she?? Please not a roo
fl.gif
hit.gif

50287_dscn2835.jpg

50287_dscn2828.jpg

50287_dscn2826.jpg

50287_spring_145.jpg

This is one from a couple months ago....

Last edited:
So I am not very experienced with guessing BUT I am pretty sure that is a Roo. Those look like some beautiful saddle feathers to me :)

He is definately a roo. He has really long pointed hackle ( neck feathers ) and long pointed saddle ( rump feathers. He appears to be a silver duckwing. You can see the green purple on his wings. The girls don't get that.

Give him time to find his voice. Very pretty boy.

Lanae

From what I hear the red comb and face, pointy hackle and saddle feathers, and that huge curved feather on the tail most likely means roo. However, I have a hen who had a huge, pointy tail feather like that and most folks here at BYC called her a roo. One day in the garden last month that tail feather fell out and all her tail feathers are now rounded and there is no evidence of a roo now... But, I'm not so sure about yours. No eggs yet? No crow? 26 weeks. Hummm. Please keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom