EE Rooster Breeding

KirstensChickies

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2022
Pennsylvania
20220208_122536.jpg
PSX_20220209_123624.jpg

I recently got an Easter Egger rooster and have been debating hatching some of my own chicks and wondered if it'd be possible to predict the outcomes. I've read that EEs are mutts so it's hard to tell what the outcomes would be, and I also tried using a breed calculator but I have no idea how it works lol

My females are a white leghorn, a black australorp, 2 cinnamon queens, and 3 ISA browns.

I'm new to the whole breeding thing, so any help is appreciated! 😊

View attachment 3012082View attachment 3012083
I recently got an Easter Egger rooster and have been debating hatching some of my own chicks and wondered if it'd be possible to predict the outcomes. I've read that EEs are mutts so it's hard to tell what the outcomes would be, and I also tried using a breed calculator but I have no idea how it works lol

My females are a white leghorn, a black australorp, 2 cinnamon queens, and 3 ISA browns.

I'm new to the whole breeding thing, so any help is appreciated! 😊

While EEs are not an stablished breed and any color can be expected... That rooster tells us many things about his genetics just by looking at him.

His phenotype is what we call Black Breasted Red or Gold Duckwing. So at the very least he is wildtype on just about every known mutation, should eb/eb at the e locus.

White Leghorns hens are E/E(Extended Black), B/-(Sex linked Barring), S/-(Sex linked Silver) I/I(Dominant White)

The result of such cross will be E/eb, B/b+(for males and b+/- for females), S/s+(s+/- for females), I/i+(Dominant White heterozygous) So basically All white birds with some black specks.

Black Australorp hens are E/E(Extended Black) and everything else wildtype so the result of such cross will be E/eb, All black with some gold leakage when adults

Cinnamon Queens/Isa Brown hens are eWh/eWh, Co/Co, s+/-, I/i+

The result of such cross will be 50% eWh/eb, Co/co+, s+/-, I/i+ Will look like bearded Cinnamon Queen hens/Roosters. 50% eWh/eb, Co/co+, s+/-, i+/i+ like Cinnamon Queens with black feathers instead of where the whites feathers are

While EEs are not an stablished breed and any color can be expected... That rooster tells us many things about his genetics just by looking at him.

His phenotype is what we call Black Breasted Red or Gold Duckwing. So at the very least he is wildtype on just about every known mutation, should eb/eb at the e locus.

White Leghorns hens are E/E(Extended Black), B/-(Sex linked Barring), S/-(Sex linked Silver) I/I(Dominant White)

The result of such cross will be E/eb, B/b+(for males and b+/- for females), S/s+(s+/- for females), I/i+(Dominant White heterozygous) So basically All white birds with some black specks.

Black Australorp hens are E/E(Extended Black) and everything else wildtype so the result of such cross will be E/eb, All black with some gold leakage when adults

Cinnamon Queens/Isa Brown hens are eWh/eWh, Co/Co, s+/-, I/i+

The result of such cross will be 50% eWh/eb, Co/co+, s+/-, I/i+ Will look like bearded Cinnamon Queen hens/Roosters. 50% eWh/eb, Co/co+, s+/-, i+/i+ like Cinnamon Queens with black feathers instead of where the whites feathers are
Thank you so much for your explanation! I really appreciate it! 😁 your insight will hopefully help me in any future endeavors into chicken genetics I might take 🤞

Back
Top Bottom