EE rooster project? Rumpless issues....

PapaRo

Songster
Jan 12, 2021
Lorane Oregon
01A40916-D789-4CEF-BC49-4AF2B8C7D3FD.jpeg

I would like a tailed blue egg rooster ... should I attempt this :

My Pure rumpless black Araucana rooster (no tuffs)

+

One of my Ameraucana (EE) Hens w/bluest egg. (I believe I have 2 hens that are mcmurray hatchery ameraucanas + 3 F1 EE’er hens)

=

Pick the Best looking EE Rooster with no tuffs and has a tail.

+

All my F1 tailed EE hens with tails that lay blue and green eggs.

=

Pea comb Easter egger chicks with a high probability of laying eggs with shades of blue and green?
Or should I just buy a nice ameraucana rooster to breed to my EE hens?

View attachment 2495132

I would like a tailed blue egg rooster ... should I attempt this :

My Pure rumpless black Araucana rooster (no tuffs)

+

One of my Ameraucana (EE) Hens w/bluest egg. (I believe I have 2 hens that are mcmurray hatchery ameraucanas + 3 F1 EE’er hens)

=

Pick the Best looking EE Rooster with no tuffs and has a tail.

+

All my F1 tailed EE hens with tails that lay blue and green eggs.

=

Pea comb Easter egger chicks with a high probability of laying eggs with shades of blue and green?
Or should I just buy a nice ameraucana rooster to breed to my EE hens?

if the eggs your EE hens lay are blue inside as well (crack them to check) when bred to a pure blue/green layer roo, all of their progeny will be true blue/green egg layers.

So your goal is a tailed blue egg gene male? I'd just find a reliable local blue egg rooster: Cream Legbar or Ameraucana. The thing about hatchery easter egger is that the parent stock genetics is unknown. You don't know if they'll throw blue or green babies. Especially McMurray, they list their EE as Ameraucanas.

Crossing your rumpless Araucana may get you some rumpless babies. I have a project black rumpless double tuffed and muff bearded hen when I crossed a DT BBR Araucana x blue Ameraucana. She's super cute and has both traits of Araucana and Ameraucana while being rumpless. Both parent stock are blue egg genes so when she lays, it should be blue as well.

So your goal is a tailed blue egg gene male? I'd just find a reliable local blue egg rooster: Cream Legbar or Ameraucana. The thing about hatchery easter egger is that the parent stock genetics is unknown. You don't know if they'll throw blue or green babies. Especially McMurray, they list their EE as Ameraucanas.

Crossing your rumpless Araucana may get you some rumpless babies. I have a project black rumpless double tuffed and muff bearded hen when I crossed a DT BBR Araucana x blue Ameraucana. She's super cute and has both traits of Araucana and Ameraucana while being rumpless. Both parent stock are blue egg genes so when she lays, it should be blue as well.
Very nice 👍🏼 ty

Back
Top Bottom