1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE without a tail

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ging3rhoffman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    One of my EE's never grew a tail. I wonder if she might lay blue eggs since she doesnt have a tail of any kind. Ive checked her over and she doesnt have any sort of tail, just a rounded rump. What color would you say she was? There sure is a big difference from 2 days old to 3 1/2 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    It looks like she has Araucana traits shining through the mix! She's beautiful.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    It is rumpless. EE's do not have any color standard, so they're found in any and all patterns and colors.

4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    patridge looking very nice good luck on this bird and her eggs, but not having a rump con not determite egg color, egg color is determined from the genes of the parents

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Her legs are green, therefore she's not a true araucana. She'll probably give you pretty green or blue/green eggs. How fun to have a rumpless one!

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    She sure is cute

7. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    I had a rumpless EE. she went so long rumpless but she finally did get in some tail feathers. So think some of the ee's are slower to develop in some cases.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by