1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Deleon98, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    Erza is an Easter Egger. It has crossbeak which seems to occur more often in Easter Eggers than most breeds, judging by the number pictures of crossbeaked Easter Eggers.

2. Deleon98

Deleon98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    Ok cool :3 Im just loving all the feathers that are coming in on my little chickies ^~^ my reds are starting to get little frosty tips. I think some head feathers are going to pop out soon too cause its not as smooth. Im so excited [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you are happy with them, that is all that matters

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    False in so many ways.
    Easter Eggers can be any combination of color and pattern, including solid colors. Solid coloring is not what differentiates an Easter Egger from a pure Ameraucana. Modern Ameraucana were actually derived and refined from the birds we now call Easter Eggers. Ameraucana have white skin, with slate legs, pea combs, muffs, beards, only lay blue eggs, and are White, Black, Blue, Buff, Blue Wheaten, Wheaten, Brown Red (same coloring as Black Copper Marans), or Silver. There are also some project colors which include Lavender/Self Blue, Mottled, and Splash.

Easter Eggers can be any color, have any comb type, have muffs and beard or be clean faced, can have any color skin, any color legs, and lay any colored egg. Easter Eggers can be Ameraucana mixes, Legbar mixes, Rhodebar mixes, Araucana mixes, or come from the hatchery landrace types.

6. Deleon98

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    Whats it mean to be self colored?

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Means solid coloring, like all white, or black.

8. DRaeMc

DRaeMc Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2015
    La Grange, KY
    I have many different kinds and colors of EE's. I have solid colors and a whole lot of different colors in. My solid colors came from MPC.

I agree 100% with Junebuggena. I have some with straight combs although most have the pea comb. I have some that are bearded and not bearded from other places. I have some that lay blue, green, pink, and every shade in between. They are all crosses, they aren't a true breed, so you will get a surprise each and every time. The only reason they are called easter eggers is because they lay colored eggs.

Some people who breed them, do breed for the beards, tufts, certain coloring and all of that, but that still doesn't mean that they are a breed or will have certain characteristics, it just means that particular person wanted to breed for those things. Also eggs will be anywhere from small to jumbo. All of mine lay different sizes.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think she could well be an EE pullet. I've noticed a lot of clean faced EE from the hatcheries the last two years or so. I think when she matures she may look like one of my previous birds.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wonderful blue and green eggers, both from MMM hatchery.

10. Deleon98

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    Im finding ee rlly interesting even if they arent a true breed [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by