Ee??

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
In April I got 25 EE pullets from a local hatchery. 3 turned out to be roos, but I don't think this one is EE. Just let me know what you think, I posted him first (2 pics), the third is one of him with a real EE rooster from the same group. The one I am wondering about has yellow legs, wattles, and well, you see, what do you think?
idunno.gif

84545_summer_11_039.jpg

84545_summer_11_022.jpg

Also, the other EE roo, he is cross beak and looking more and more like a little Wry Neck.
84545_summer_11_040.jpg

There is no "standard" for EE's but they normally have pea combs, green legs, beard/muffs, and can come in almost any color. That doesn't mean that all of them will have those traits. The coloration is a common EE roo coloration. He does have a pea comb and it looks like he has slight traces of a beard. I think he's an EE or EE cross (which would be a cross of a cross but...)

Quote:
X2

I have EEs with only some of the traits and others with most of them. They're siblings and they're still so different. I had a roo very similar to yours, he was a sweetie and I wish I could have kept him.

It looks just like my Columbian Rock cross from Mt. Healthy.

Edit..though mine has a single comb

Last edited:
This little guy is fine with me, sort of a pig with the ladies. They are only 15 weeks old, I hope he grows into his body more gracefully, he is kind of brutal with the girls. I can't help but get irritated with him, even though they are doing their chicken thing.

He looks EE-like. He's got a beard under the wattles. He could be EE with another breed, like a wyandotte. (not likely that the hatchery has columbian rocks)

Back
Top Bottom