Ee??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jtbrown, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    In April I got 25 EE pullets from a local hatchery. 3 turned out to be roos, but I don't think this one is EE. Just let me know what you think, I posted him first (2 pics), the third is one of him with a real EE rooster from the same group. The one I am wondering about has yellow legs, wattles, and well, you see, what do you think? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, the other EE roo, he is cross beak and looking more and more like a little Wry Neck.
    [​IMG]

2. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    He is not an EE. EE's have pea combs, and green legs.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    There is no "standard" for EE's but they normally have pea combs, green legs, beard/muffs, and can come in almost any color. That doesn't mean that all of them will have those traits. The coloration is a common EE roo coloration. He does have a pea comb and it looks like he has slight traces of a beard. I think he's an EE or EE cross (which would be a cross of a cross but...)

4. SueBaby

SueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Quote:X2

I have EEs with only some of the traits and others with most of them. They're siblings and they're still so different. I had a roo very similar to yours, he was a sweetie and I wish I could have kept him.

5. themenagerie

themenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    It looks just like my Columbian Rock cross from Mt. Healthy.

Edit..though mine has a single comb

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    This little guy is fine with me, sort of a pig with the ladies. They are only 15 weeks old, I hope he grows into his body more gracefully, he is kind of brutal with the girls. I can't help but get irritated with him, even though they are doing their chicken thing.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    He looks EE-like. He's got a beard under the wattles. He could be EE with another breed, like a wyandotte. (not likely that the hatchery has columbian rocks)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by