eeeeek bugs on my baby's :(

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
Ok so i was looking the girls over and BUGS.. little redish ones so Im guessing mites!! Gag
he.gif
ep.gif
anyways ( scratch ) i dusted EVERYONE and EVERYTHING with seven dust ( itch ) and was wondering if I need to toss out my eggs? if so for how long and starting when?
ep.gif
he.gif
he.gif
:barnie
barnie.gif
Im think the new all day run ( the wild birda LOVE to eat the scratch ) is why I have this issue now
sad.png

Someone on here made the best statement concerning mites....if they do get on you all they are doing is trying to find the chicken at the end of your arm....in other words...no, they just live on chickens but they will crawl on you to try to find one. No you don't have to toss the eggs.

We just went through a terrible mite infection. We ate the eggs the whole time, but getting rid of the mites was the hugest pain. I tried everything from spraying with bleach to spraying with neem to sprinkling diatomaceous earth. We eventually got extreme and washed our coop in kerosene (yuck!) and used a chemical pesticide (permathrin). The thing that really got rid of them, though, was when my husband got a blow torch and, carefully, warmed the entire coop area to burn any remaining eggs. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom