EEEEK! DROWNING in STRAWBERRIES! NEED RECIPE HELP!!

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
I know, everybody's thinking, dang, I should be so lucky!

But DH is doing some work at the boss' strawberry farm, and the boss is sending home strawberries daily! I have about 20 lbs., 6 large zig bags, so far and probably more coming today.

Last year, I made pint after pint of strawberry preserves and we had strawberry shortcake every night for weeks. I'll be turning out some more preserves for gifts, but I need new ideas!

I am hoping for some input about how to freeze some, and maybe a strawberry bread or muffin recipe for breakfast, that can be frozen.
We aren't really into sweets and desserts, so if anyone has a recipe for something like a chutney or relish, that would be great!

Thanks, Sally
tongue.png

Freeze them whole! Then you have time to decide what to do.
Just pop them into a zip lock bag and freeze!
I like strawberry cheese cake.

This isn't gonna help you with pounds and pounds of them... However, you might wanna mix things up by making a spinach salad with strawberries and a raspberry vinegrette dressing. Last summer, my neighbor swapped her berries for my greens and we were very happy women as a result!
Good luck with your enviable bounty!
big_smile.png

I could send you a large flat-rate box, and you could send it back to me... filled with strawberries..
big_smile.png
wink.png

Smoothies, cheesecake, shortcake, cake...cake, icecream, syrup, muffins, cupcakes, chocolate covered.. that's what I would do.. lol

I don't have any recipe help. You are lucky though. My chickens ate every single strawberry last summer before I got them picked. Just as they were ready to pick BAM! Eaten by a chicken. I am going to replant some this year in a hanging basket out of reach of the chickens
big_smile.png
They can have a few but not all of them this year. I love strawberries coated in sugar for breakfast.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom