EEEEK! DROWNING in STRAWBERRIES! NEED RECIPE HELP!!

Quote:
That looks good, have you tried it? A breakfast bread doesn't last long around here- we just don't do after dinner desserts much.

Thank you!

Quote:
Oh no, why didn't I think of that!!!! I am an idiot sometimes! Dh won't drink them, well maybe one, but I certainly will!

I've never seen strawberry schnapps, but I can adapt. So where shall we hold the party?

Quote:
It sounds wonderful, but the last cheesecake around here was given away- it's too rich for the lactose intolerant. Bet my sister would kill for it, so I'll give her the recipe if it's ok!

Quote:
Lets have it at my house!
I can find the schnapps
thumbsup.gif

OK Very easy recipe. My mom does it all the time.

Take 2 or 3 full quarts of berries. Put them in quart sized Ziploc bags. Set them on the passenger seat of your car and drive them over to my house. Done now wasn't that easy.
tongue.png

This will be no help to you but my favorite way to eat strawberries is as God made them, as they are.
I hope you find a good use for them.

Quote:
That sounds wonderful! And I have the aged Balsamic! Hmmmm........

Roasted chicken
with potatoesand thick onion slices as the pan rack
Romaine salad
with the Balsamic strawberries next to it

Can't do it tonight, but Sunday dinner! Thank you!

I am going to freeze a bunch and do some research for creating a strawberry chutney- wouldn't it be great with turkey at Thanksgiving? Instead of cranberry dressing?

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in so far! Wish I could share them all over!

Quote:
That looks good, have you tried it? A breakfast bread doesn't last long around here- we just don't do after dinner desserts much.

Thank you!

I love strawberry bread... I mean we LOVE it!!!! We can kill 2 loafs in 2 days! As for this recipe I found, no I have not tried this one, I saved it specifically because I WANT to try this one. I have my own strawberry bread recipe I would love to share... I just have to sit and type it up. Something about the sour cream in this one got my attention.... my recipe uses veggie oil.

Strawberry Smoothies!
For one serving:

Slice 5 or 6 berries in half
Put in blender with:
1 cup plain yogurt or 3oz silken tofu
1 Tablespoon honey (or sugar)
2 Tablespoons wheat germ
3 ice cubes

Blend until smooth & enjoy : - 9

You can also use whole berries you've frozen in place of the ice.
Or use all frozen berries - but you better have a powerful blender for this!

For a quick Strawberry Cake:
Mash 1/2 quart berries into a container of Cool Whip, slice the rest and set aside (you can sprinkle with some sugar if they're not sweet enough)
Slice an Angel Food cake in half crosswise, frost the top of the bottom half with part of the cool whip mixture and layer sliced berries on top.
Top with the other half of the cake and frost the whole thing with the rest of the cool whip mixture.
Decorate the top with the rest of the sliced berries. letting them drip over the sides.

Strawberry Pasta Salad:
(sorry I don't have exact measurements)
Sliced strawberries - 1 quart
Sliced green onions - 3 or 4
Cooked macaroni - about 2 or 3 cups
Poppyseed dressing - store-bought or your own
Mix together & chill

Easiest dessert of all:
dip berries in sour cream then brown sugar

Back
Top Bottom