EEEEK! DROWNING in STRAWBERRIES! NEED RECIPE HELP!!

Quote:
Thank you,
bow.gif

Quote:
That looks good, have you tried it? A breakfast bread doesn't last long around here- we just don't do after dinner desserts much.

Thank you!

I love strawberry bread... I mean we LOVE it!!!! We can kill 2 loafs in 2 days! As for this recipe I found, no I have not tried this one, I saved it specifically because I WANT to try this one. I have my own strawberry bread recipe I would love to share... I just have to sit and type it up. Something about the sour cream in this one got my attention.... my recipe uses veggie oil.

Yup, sour cream when diluted with other ingredients is OK for me. Shall we go easygarden strawberries? Too late this year, I guess. Love your posts in www.theeasygarden.com .

(BTW folks, that's a sister site to BYC and very cool!)

DH makes strawberry pancakes and strawberry waffles for breakfast! MMMMM!!!!! Just dice 'em up and throw 'em in the batter. He also makes strawberry smoothies. What about homemade strawberry ice cream?

Yeah I posted my strawberries over at TEG website. They are doing WONDERFULLY! I should be seeing blossoms in just a couple more weeks.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Dang, I can't do ice cream- unless somebody knows how to make it with soy milk?

Strawberry Margaretta's.....

cut tops off and freeze whole or slices

Use frozen strawberries to flavor water for a sweet summer treat or blend them and strain it for strawberry juice to add to water tea ect

blend them up and make frozen particles

Dip in almond bark for a special treat

substitute it for any "fruit" recipe bread candy cookies ect

freezer jam

feed some to the critters (chickens love them)

smoothies

non alcoholic frozen drink (for the under 21 crowd like my kids while I have a strawberry margarita)

fruit salad

thats all I can come up with off the top of my head

Can you tell I had an overabundance once upon a time??? lol My patch died (with the help of my FIL and his tractor)

I AM planting more this year....... maybe with a fence around them lol.

Quote:
Dang, I can't do ice cream- unless somebody knows how to make it with soy milk?

I am sure there is a recipe online for either soy ice cream or ice cream with rice dream (a rice milk). I personally have bought the rice dream ice cream (already made at the store)...YUMMY!!! I bet it'd be heavenly with home grown strawberries.

Don't freeze them... they turn to MUSH!!!
sickbyc.gif

You need to slice them, and dip them in boiling water for 5 seconds... they lose flavor and moisture because you have to let them dunk in ice water real quick... then package them for the freezer to get them to freeze. They still don't come back out so nice. Not good enough to do any good baked goods with.

Took me years to figure it out and I wasn't happy with the out come still.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom