EEEEWWWWW! What is this inside this egg? Calcium, grit, insect eggs?

I'm not normally very squeamish about egg inclusions, and will happily eat blood spots or weird white mucousy eggs. But this morning I found something really weird. Inside the egg, in the white, was a small glob of what looked like tiny balls. Like a cluster of insect eggs (yucky!). Grey in color, distinct ball-shaped things in a mass about 1/4" across. A few single specs elsewhere in the white. I dug them out with a spoon and they don't feel terribly hard and grainy, but not mushy either.

The only thing chicken-related I can think of that looks like this is when you get those rough eggs with calcium deposits on them.. the ones that look like tiny balls on the egg? This looked a little like that, but INSIDE an otherwise normal-looking egg. And not attached to the shell, just the white.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Do I need to be concerned?

By the way, I did eat the egg... so I'm hoping it's not something really gross or dangerous!
I just made a post because I have this same problem with a cream legbar .
mine are calcium granules all
Packed together. When I rubbed it between my fingers it fell apart but had hard areas . I pressed it between my teeth and felt the grit. I had one a week before in a boiled egg that was very obviously calcium granules, they were even blue and you could see them clearly, just like when it’s in the outside of the shell. Mine too were invested into the whites .

I'm not normally very squeamish about egg inclusions, and will happily eat blood spots or weird white mucousy eggs. But this morning I found something really weird. Inside the egg, in the white, was a small glob of what looked like tiny balls. Like a cluster of insect eggs (yucky!). Grey in color, distinct ball-shaped things in a mass about 1/4" across. A few single specs elsewhere in the white. I dug them out with a spoon and they don't feel terribly hard and grainy, but not mushy either.

The only thing chicken-related I can think of that looks like this is when you get those rough eggs with calcium deposits on them.. the ones that look like tiny balls on the egg? This looked a little like that, but INSIDE an otherwise normal-looking egg. And not attached to the shell, just the white.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Do I need to be concerned?

By the way, I did eat the egg... so I'm hoping it's not something really gross or dangerous!
I found a small oval shape in one of the eggs, took it out and felt it with my finger tips and it was thick, it crumbled, looked like tick.

Back
Top Bottom