EEEk! Price increase @ TSC

We are thankful for Hillandale Farms, its a local grain mill. I get ALL my feed there. 100lb for about 20 dollars, layer starter...ect. I even get a great goat feed there. And I did notice that the ammonia level in my bird's feces has gone down. The odor is a lot less and my goats have had no stool issue either.

yep its gone up a dollar and and a few cents more im not suprised:/ i get my layer crumbles at TSC too its $13.75 cents for 50lbs but i only got 5 hens so it lasts me a month sometimes month in a half depends how much there eating

I rushed over to TSC today because I thought someone here had told me they had a sale on BOSS that was like 50# for $8 or something. Instead BOSS is $19 for 50#. And I forgot to look at pine shavings. I didn't see the Dumor feed at least in what I was looking for which was grower feed. I got something, some Purina thing for flocks, in crumbles because the lady there said if my flock is used to scratch they're used to crumbles.

One feeder working MUY EXCELENTE the other one pooped all over because the landowner's coop design didn't have a point to hang the feeder from that was away from the perches - I took it out, cleaned it out (Hillsdale Farm 7lb feeder, "easy to take apart for cleaning" and it is) and put a nail in where it'll be away from the pooping perchery.

Got a dozen eggs today too. Eggs 'n' chili for dinner, with rooster sauce (no kidding, look it up, rooster sauce).

Well I hurried into TSC today for feed.Was on my way to somewhere else so I didn't even look at the prices. Let me check the receipt.

Crapola! Purina Layena pellets 50# $15.19 ea.Yikes.I normally feed crumbles but so many say the pellets last longer.I know I have been feeding the pellets I bought last time for a week and the feed doesn't go down so fast.

Dumor chick starter 50# 13.49

Dumor 24% chick starter 50# 16.19.

Here's my deal:All along I could buy laying feed in my hometown for at least $5.00 or more a bag less.(yes I have to go a ways to find Purina)Myself and egg customers depend on the taste of my eggs from Layena.(We are spoiled)

I called 2 TSC in different states last week for prices.They told me it was going up weekly at this time and were surprised ea. time by how much.I guess I should have production type laying chickens so my eggs wouldn't cost me so much for ea. one.Part of my chickens are Marans and I just broke a broody and now I have another broody so even fewer eggs.One thing I am gathering eggs now to set under my broody so I hope to have some chicks from all of this.I would like some more and my BFF in Va. wants some too if I have extra.

Yikes. Ours is still around $11 and a half. I'm still too cheap on my egg prices for that. I'm going to have to charge more. Ugh.

Quote:
Is that from TSC or a local feed store?I did call a feed store but theirs was only about $1 less and it was a long way off but I'd heard they had some really cute chicks and had to make a trip near them.I like Dumor for chick starter so I just bought from them.

Back
Top Bottom