EEEK! They're here!!! (WITH PICS) And a question about EE colouring...

GeneGoddess

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
Maryland
My chicks are here!!! Just a few names so far. DH is in love with his "baby" already.

We have two Black Australorps, two Gold Laced Wyandottes, two Partridge Rocks (was supposed to be Speckled Sussex, but he didn't have any) and five EEs. The BAs are maybe 2wks old, the GLW and PR are maybe a week or so, and the EEs are just a few days. They are SO cute...running around the brooder, cheaping, eating, drinking, and pooing. There are already personalities (I know which of the EEs the the leader).

BA #1 "The Teenager"
TheTeenager.jpg

BA#2 Not as big as the teen, but cute.
BA2.jpg

GLW #1
GLW1.jpg

GLW #2
GLW2.jpg

PR #1
PR2.jpg

PR #2
PR1.jpg

EE #1 "The Leader" This chick is IN CHARGE of everyone and does everything first.
LeaderEE.jpg

EE #2 Cute lightest colouring
EELight.jpg

EE #3 & 4
DashDot.jpg

EE#5 "Nugget" This is DH's absolute favourite.
Nugget.jpg

So, I'm sure someone has done this, but is there a post or webpage that compares EE chick colouring to eventual adult plumage? Four of the EEs are various shades of chipmunk (some dark, some light, some with cheeks, some not) and one that is a dark slate colour. I know that they will look different later, but has anyone done a "here's the chick, here's the adult" pictorial?

Last edited:
Great looking chicks. I'm not sure if i've seen a chick to adult pic thread on here. It would be a cool idea. You never know with EE's what theyre gonna turn out to be. I've had chicks that look identical as babies look completely different as adults.

OMG, they are ALL the cutest things ever. That little Nugget looks like he has blue eyes! Such adorable chicks. And I agree, that EE#1 is squeezable. Very very cute.

Jenny

Edited to spell my own name correctly (sheesh!)

Last edited:
Quote:
OK, well I can't seem to find a thread like this, so *I* will start one. Why not? Where should I post it? Under Breeds? I'm still new, so I want to make sure I place it in the correct category...

Back
Top Bottom