EE's talking

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
My two Ameracauna ladies, Hedy Lamar and Rosalynd Russell, have a different sounding cluck than the other ladies, even the EE/Brahma's. They almost sound like a different kind of bird. It sounds like they're talking. Do anyone else's Ameracauna's have an unusual voice?

I don't have any EEs, but all of my girls have their own voices. Granted... some are louder than others! My standard Buff Cochin, Chicken Hawk, is SO LOUD every morning. She announces everything to the neighbors! I will be in the bathroom getting ready for work and I can hear CH sqwacking away. More than once, DH and I have woken up laughing because she's just so loud, we can hear her in bed!
lol.png

Mine will hop up on the top roosting pole in the pen and talk to me. One when it was little use to sound like it was singing. I guess it was a trilling noise it would making every time it seen me.

Yes, my Ameracaunas are very vocal too!
One (of the two) especially - Moosi, she gets up on a perch as soon as she wakes up and just squawks and talks all morning!

Oh my gosh yes...my Ameraucana just talks and talk and talks. My daughter walks in the room and says "Sandy" and the talking starts immediately!
gig.gif

I have never seen two like the ones I have here. This chick and kid are absolutely glued to each other. Sandy has even gone to school with daughter several times.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom