EGADS! A SILKIE followed me home

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Birch Run Farm, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Well, the story is something like this. You know how in the summer if you leave your car unlocked then all sorts of unloved zucchini squashes end up all over your seats? Well, you think there could be nothing worse than that, but yet there is... A silkie hen, a partridge silkie. Unloved, dirty, moulting and crawling with lice.

It's a plague right? Worse than swine flu....

OK, so the story isn't quite true but it sounded good. She was a CL find. She's bug free now thanks to a dose of ivermectin but I need to bathe her yet. I am hoping she will be a good broody for me. That black skin is really unique!

I'll post some pics of her all cleaned up sooner or later.

2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Awww
    Yep, I have had chicks brought home on that very same premise!

3. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

Bump for pictures of your adoptee!

Don

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I predict more silkies to follow. In just a week I have accumulated, um, 10. YES, 10 of those little dark skinned beasts!!!!!!!!!

5. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I would love to have zucchini just magically appear in my car.. Zucchini Bread.. MMmmmm yummy.... I could eat a loaf a day...

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I HATE when that happens!!!![​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    She probably put the evil silkie mind meld on you right thru the net without you suspecting a thing. I'm sure you were innocently browsings the CLs and BOOM! You never felt a thing.

8. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    She laid an egg this morning in the crate she is in. She is not happy to be crated but I have to quarentine her. Teensy little white egg! It is cute.

Yeah, I am already trying to figure out how to get a few more pullets.

9. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Aw bless you for taking care of that silkie! lol and good story telling skills!

As long as the thing in your avatar doesn't show up in my car I'll be happy![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by