Egg Baskets!!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by alicefelldown, Jan 7, 2011.

1. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Took this today, had to share!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Pure Ameraucana pullet eggs (blue!!)

Various Olive layers (some more BCM, some more Ameraucana)

Easter Egger (large pale mint)

Crummy BCMs (we're keeping for their orangeish color)

Pure BCMs (a few dark ones)

White Bantam eggs

Wyandotte (pale tinted)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Very pretty!

Heres what I had gotten in one day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is what my black cayugas lay. I love the black eggs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Can you just wrap that basket up with all those pretty eggs and ship it to me. [​IMG]

4. cejunes

cejunes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    [​IMG]

5. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    JustAChickenLittle&More :

Can you just wrap that basket up with all those pretty eggs and ship it to me. lol

X2 Just love those Olive and Blue eggs.​

6. magoochie

magoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    Those are beautiful! How many hens do you have to gather that many eggs? Are they all from one day?

7. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    good lawd. did you JUST get those? I am lucky to get one egg a day right now and one of my duck girls is laying that.... my bantys are all taking care of biddies and my EEs havent laid since the cold weather started!

8. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Alice, those are GORGEOUS!!! Such a beautiful variety of colors. All I'm getting each day are 2 white duck eggs, and 2 light brown from a red sex-link and maybe an orp mix. SAD!
    But thank you for sharing your beautiful eggs with us!

9. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:Thank you! There are from about 13-15 laying hens (including the one pure Ameraucana pullet). There are about 48-50 eggs in that basket (and some strategically placed towels [​IMG] ), so "in theory" it'd be about 4-5 days, but more like a week and a half if you're only picking out the pretty ones! Normally, we sell just about every one as soon as they are laid for eating to co-workers but with the holiday break, we were able to stockpile a good supply! [​IMG]

Quote:My girls slowed down when we started to get less light for winter (i.e. 3 eggs every other day from 12 hens), but we purchased a cheap timer and a bulb which increased their productivity like you wouldn't believe! I highly recommend installing such a set-up (as long as it's fire safe of course!)

Quote:Thank you! We've been really working on the colors with our pure and mixed breeds and hope to have hatching eggs for sale within the month. Even the poorest Marans color is something our eating egg customers have never seen and can really boost sales.

I would LOVE to get some ducks in the future - probably Cayugas to get even more variety!

Cejunes - those blues look lovely!! You must be a proud momma!

10. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    I think it is one of the most beautiful baskets of eggs I have ever seen. I love the variety of colours and sizes.
    I have only cream, white and brown eggs, and over here folk tend to like boring light brown eggs.

I sooo wanted blue or green egg laying hens but had to give away my Cream Legbar Rooster. I think there is very little chance of getting an Olive egger for a while yet?

Oesdog - made my day looking at your basket!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by