Egg bound chicken defecated

RighteousPine

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2020
So my hen is egg bound i did an epsom salt bath and she hasn't defacated but after the bath she did diarrhea.I dont know if its a bad or good and i fear this may be her last day.

EDIT: she defacated when i put my finger a little deep enough but i felt nothing am i in the clear or can she not make it tonight

Did you feel an egg just inside her vent to diagnose her as egg bound? I only ask because there are other ailments that look similar and I've personally experienced that. Any chance you're able to take a picture of her poop that she just passed? Preferably on a white paper towel.

Edited: What is going on for you to say she's egg bound (I'm not questioning your judgment, just asking for signs and symptoms)

Last edited:
Did you feel an egg just inside her vent to diagnose her as egg bound? I only ask because there are other ailments that look similar and I've personally experienced that. Any chance you're able to take a picture of her poop that she just passed? Preferably on a white paper towel.
It was like a green on the outside and white in the middle.I forgot to say she never had her tail down she only stayed in the nest box puffed up

Did you feel for an egg, internally, whenever you noticed her staying in the nesting box and puffing up?
Any chance you could get a picture of that poop and/or poops that she's had recently?

Back
Top Bottom