Egg bound/egg yolk peritonitis/something else?

I give around 250mg/kg (250mg per 2.2 pounds) every other day.

-Kathy
Cool. I gave found some 1200 mg liquid capsules early this morning, halved one and squeezed out the liquid and gave it to her in a teeny bit of yogurt. I brought her back over to the farm about 20 mins ago and as soon as I put her in the coop she got in the nest box and started coo-ing so hopefully she will lay something soon. I work on the same property at my families business so I will be keeping an eye on her closely the rest of the day. Thanks so much for the info :)

Well, after acting fine for 2 1/2 weeks or so, Hella isn't feeling well again. No egg this morning. Showing the same signs as last time (so I gave her about 5-600 mg calcium when I saw her standing around looking under the weather) Her eggs the last 2 weeks were normal albeit slightly smaller than normal but not much. Any ideas what it could be or what to do for her? In the past a warm water bath didn't help, it just seems like she's uncomfortable, passes a shelless egg one day (maybe the next day as well, always in the evening) then seems fine again. She usually will eat at least something for me and drinks quite a bit of water when she's sick. I'm stumped :(

Last edited:

Update - She passed another shell-less egg just a few minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom