Egg bound hen??

dskerns

Chirping
Jun 16, 2021
Hello I’ve never had an egg bound hen but my hen has been laying around for days and just lays there.She can walk but it’s like she’s trying to have and egg.I’ll upload a video but I’m just wondering what it could be.She sits their and shakes and pushes all day and all night for the past couple of days.If it is egg bound can y’all help me help her please!!!!?

What exactly do you feed?
Can you take a clear video of her and upload it to YouTube now?

What happened to your rooster that was sick earlier this month?

Hi! Any update? Wondering how she turned out? I have a Buff Orpington I discovered like this. Can't feel an egg inside. She's eating and pooping just fine, but looks absolutely miserable. Shaking/straining, penguin stance with tail down. She's gotten a few warm epsom salt baths today. But hasn't passed any eggs yet.
Hello I’ve never had an egg bound hen but my hen has been laying around for days and just lays there.She can walk but it’s like she’s trying to have and egg.I’ll upload a video but I’m just wondering what it could be.She sits their and shakes and pushes all day and all night for the past couple of days.If it is egg bound can y’all help me help her please!!!!?

Hi! Any update? Wondering how she turned out? I have a Buff Orpington I discovered like this. Can't feel an egg inside. She's eating and pooping just fine, but looks absolutely miserable. Shaking/straining, penguin stance with tail down. She's gotten a few warm epsom salt baths today. But hasn't passed any eggs yet.
Yes there really isn’t much of an update ,she finally just got better and there wasn’t any egg at all.She is doing good now I have now idea what was wrong either!!!!Hope your hen feels better!!

Yes there really isn’t much of an update ,she finally just got better and there wasn’t any egg at all.She is doing good now I have now idea what was wrong either!!!!Hope your hen feels better!!
Thanks for the quick reply. My girl is looking a lot better today. Still no egg, but she's eating, drinking, pooping just fine. So glad your girl got better too, that gives me hope! :)

Back
Top Bottom