Egg bound or?

Thanks everyone. Bethany is still hanging in there.... I did take her to a vet and we decided to give her the 'kitchen sink' treatment with injections of antibiotics, b vits, oxytocin and something else I forgot... I'm feeding her mash and water through syringe and she is alert and starting to vocalize. However not standing and still contracting. The vet suggested giving her 72 hrs to see if meds will help if infection/egg binding. He could not either feel an egg and suggested she might underlying conditions as well as some egg situation.

All your suggestions have been so helpful. I will keep syringing her then let her go if no improvement. At least we are trying our best. She is comfortable and seems calm. Again thanks for caring for Bethany!!!

Thanks everyone. Bethany is still hanging in there.... I did take her to a vet and we decided to give her the 'kitchen sink' treatment with injections of antibiotics, b vits, oxytocin and something else I forgot... I'm feeding her mash and water through syringe and she is alert and starting to vocalize. However not standing and still contracting. The vet suggested giving her 72 hrs to see if meds will help if infection/egg binding. He could not either feel an egg and suggested she might underlying conditions as well as some egg situation.

All your suggestions have been so helpful. I will keep syringing her then let her go if no improvement. At least we are trying our best. She is comfortable and seems calm. Again thanks for caring for Bethany!!!
Thank you for keeping us updated on Bethany. She is a lucky hen to have you taking care of her.

Back
Top Bottom