Egg bound

gatorrr101

In the Brooder
May 20, 2018
I have a bound chicken. I have given her calcium pills and soaked her in epsom salt baths and keeping her separate from the others. She doesn’t show any signs of distress she drink and eats but I want to help her pass this any other tips?

I would continue warm Epsom salt baths per article direction. Make dark warm moist environment in crate for her till passes or better with food/water. Give nutridrench and 1cc of calcium supplement or follow liquid calcium supplement bottle directions. Try not to break egg inside of hen so lessens risk of peritonitis. If not better in couple days take her to vet.

I would continue warm Epsom salt baths per article direction. Make dark warm moist environment in crate for her till passes or better with food/water. Give nutridrench and 1cc of calcium supplement or follow liquid calcium supplement bottle directions. Try not to break egg inside of hen so lessens risk of peritonitis. If not better in couple days take her to vet.
Thank you! I will keep doing what I am doing and if she isn’t better soon or gets worse I will take her to the vet!

Can you feel the egg?
From the outside or the inside?
Is she prolapsing?
Is she trying to pass it?
Is she tame enough to lie her on her side? (Takes the pressure off)

If you have some kind of personal lubricant or even olive oil I’d try squirting some just inside her vent, you can gently insert a finger and work it around in there like you’re greasing a muffin tin.
Might help it slip through.

What has you thinking she is egg bound?...
She lays down all the time and not moving much and she looks like a penguin and easily loses balance. I took her in a few weeks ago and the person mentioned she doesn’t lay much because she is older but I still have not gotten a egg. She started acting like this yesterday morning and everything indicated she was binding. Her poop is watering diarrhea and no blood.

She lays down all the time and not moving much and she looks like a penguin and easily loses balance. I took her in a few weeks ago and the person mentioned she doesn’t lay much because she is older but I still have not gotten a egg. She started acting like this yesterday morning and everything indicated she was binding. Her poop is watering diarrhea and no blood.
Mereks?...

Back
Top Bottom